+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rehabilitation Application for DUI - Coming from NZ

e_rich2020

Aug 15, 2018
I am a NZ citizen with a DUI conviction from five years ago. I am planning to visit Canada with my wife (a Canadian citizen) in about 6 months.

I am worried about the new bill being passed in December and am hoping to apply for an eTA and receive rehabilitation before the bill passes as in the long term we would like to move to Canada permanently.

I also am struggling to find the documents that are being asked for on the rehabilitation applicationFor example proof of when my driving disqualification ended and when my fine was paid. It would be great if anyone has experience getting the required documents from NZ.

Looking for any information or advice anyone might have.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Hi
I recently completed rehabilitation but for caress use of a motor vehicle in NZ. I'm not up to speed on the whole dui side of things but can help out in getting you on the right track.

You will need to request a MOJ background check. if you want through the courts it will show up on the form. The 5 years starts from the last day of your driving disqualification or I'm the date you paid off the fine or completed community service. WHICH EVER WAS MOST RECENT.

email or phone MoJ and request a statement of fines paid not sure what it's called. You will also need to contact your district court and ask for summons summary of facts and a court certificate. these will all outline your charges and the reasons for your DUI and your attitude with the police about it and your blood alcohol level.

complete the rehab form and other requirements and send it to Sydney consulate in Australia it takes 3 to 6 months to get an update from them not really 12 months.

it will take time to complete all this but it's well invested to get to Canada.

the dui changes is best to talk to s immigration lawyer in Canada.

e_rich2020

Aug 15, 2018
Hi
I recently completed rehabilitation but for caress use of a motor vehicle in NZ. I'm not up to speed on the whole dui side of things but can help out in getting you on the right track.

You will need to request a MOJ background check. if you want through the courts it will show up on the form. The 5 years starts from the last day of your driving disqualification or I'm the date you paid off the fine or completed community service. WHICH EVER WAS MOST RECENT.

email or phone MoJ and request a statement of fines paid not sure what it's called. You will also need to contact your district court and ask for summons summary of facts and a court certificate. these will all outline your charges and the reasons for your DUI and your attitude with the police about it and your blood alcohol level.

complete the rehab form and other requirements and send it to Sydney consulate in Australia it takes 3 to 6 months to get an update from them not really 12 months.

it will take time to complete all this but it's well invested to get to Canada.

the dui changes is best to talk to s immigration lawyer in Canada.
Hi,

Thank you thats really helpful.

I have a permanent court record from the courts, is that the same as the court certificate? They said that one costs $50 so i don't want to order another if I already have it. I am struggling to get a come of the summons summary of facts.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
The one I got was $50 or there abouts and has an official court stamp I think.

the summons and summary of facts you get from the police. you have to make an official information act request. you can do this via the police website. state that it's for immigration and request any information they gold on file regarding the incident.