+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regulation of noc 2173!!

leo_tary

Jun 14, 2017
Hi Friends,
I am currently working as Engineering Manager in one of the firms. I used (7-8 years back) to be a software engineer where I was very much involved in writing programming codes for websites (basically a web programmer).

I have submitted my express entry application with current noc as 2173 (since I am now mostly involved in architecture of applications (database (backend) and code structures) and 2173 pertains to software / technical architect), hence I used 2173 noc.

When I used to a software engineer, I mentioned my noc as 2174.

Few days back I was going through the articles where it was mentioned that, to be on 2173 noc , you need to have a Professional Engineer Licence.

I have done both my graduation (bachelor's) and post graduation (masters) in computer applications and not in Engineering Drawing or something and hence don't possess any Professional Engineer License.

Can someone please clarify if noc 2173 is going to be a problem for my profile?

PS: This is not for PNP, rather my application is for Federal.

Greatly appreciate your comments!!

Thanks

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
2173 is fine. It does not need any license. I am 2173 and got PR last month.

Reactions: samuelja

leo_tary

Jun 14, 2017
Thanks Ajith; appreciate your response!!

Congratulations on your PR!!

I have applied for federal(not PNP), what's the duration nowadays for getting the PR? Like, I have received the ITA in Feb'17 and submitted all the required documents (degrees / marksheets / experience certificate / medical / police verification) in May (3rd week).

Can you clarify how much (more) time, will it take for PR. I have though heard that people these days are receiving PR in 3-4 months.

Also, can you briefly tell me after ITA document submission, what is process break-up.

Thanks much in advance!!

Last edited: