16-10-2015
AOR Received.
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
29-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-11-2015
Hello!

I am a Foreign Trained Dentist (India) and interested in applying for PR through EE. I have been trying to find answers to the following questions but to no avail. If any of you have any kind of information, please post here. Thank you!

1) Since Dentistry is a regulated occupation in Canada, is there a possibility of me being selected by a Canadian employer before I get the license to practice (which I can procure only in Canada through exams or a degree program)?

2) If the answer to the above is no, then what are my chances of being invited to apply for permanent residency through other means (eg. provincial nomination)

3) In continuation to the above, are there provinces in Canada where Dentistry is an -in demand- occupation and I can be nominated without a job offer?

4) If I neither have a permanent job offer nor a provincial nomination, will my Comprehensive Ranking Points be high enough to be invited to apply for PR?

5) Which ECA institution should I apply to for evaluation of my Dental degree evaluation? As it is a healthcare profession, do I have to send my documents to a specific body or WES?

6) I had applied for a visitor's visa (Temporary Resident Visa) 6 months back which was rejected. Will that have any bearing on my Express Entry application? Also, do I have to mention my Visitor Visa UCI on the Express Entry form or is it only for prior FSW PR applications? Will there be a cross check of the documents I submitted there?

7) If I am chosen by a particular province through PNP, how long do I have to live/work in that province before I am allowed to shift to another province (if required)?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
You will be good because it is "eligible to register" so provided your degree / credentials are judged to be equivalent you will be ok. I would assume dentistry is an in demand occupation but you need to check as I am an engineer.

Which institution did you graduate from in India?

Reactions: Mjkab

linsub

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3113 - Dentists
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
29-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-11-2015
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. My Dental School was under that its jurisdiction.

squashskills

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
linsub said:
Hello!

I am a Foreign Trained Dentist (India) and interested in applying for PR through EE. I have been trying to find answers to the following questions but to no avail. If any of you have any kind of information, please post here. Thank you!

1) Since Dentistry is a regulated occupation in Canada, is there a possibility of me being selected by a Canadian employer before I get the license to practice (which I can procure only in Canada through exams or a degree program)?
NO.

2) If the answer to the above is no, then what are my chances of being invited to apply for permanent residency through other means (eg. provincial nomination).

Immigration is one part and working is another.You will have to complete shortfall....Canadian Dental Council doesn't recognize it.I think you will have to study at least 3+ years to complete that shortfall.This will be decided/evaluated by professional body.

3) In continuation to the above, are there provinces in Canada where Dentistry is an -in demand- occupation and I can be nominated without a job offer?.

Immigration is possible as mentioned above but working is difficult.

4) If I neither have a permanent job offer nor a provincial nomination, will my Comprehensive Ranking Points be high enough to be invited to apply for PR???

5) Which ECA institution should I apply to for evaluation of my Dental degree evaluation? As it is a healthcare profession, do I have to send my documents to a specific body or WES?

I suggest see this http://www.ndeb.ca/

6) I had applied for a visitor's visa (Temporary Resident Visa) 6 months back which was rejected. Will that have any bearing on my Express Entry application? Also, do I have to mention my Visitor Visa UCI on the Express Entry form or is it only for prior FSW PR applications? Will there be a cross check of the documents I submitted there? Yes you have to mention about it.

It wont affect adversely unless rejected for some serious offence.

7) If I am chosen by a particular province through PNP, how long do I have to live/work in that province before I am allowed to shift to another province (if required)?
Life is very difficult.Shortfall......residency waiting period.......obstacles raised by professional associations from time to time for overseas drs.

linsub

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3113 - Dentists
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
29-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-11-2015
Thank you squashskills for your reply. Will I need to get a Canadian dental license before applying for PR through EE? Because I doubt I will be granted a visitor's visa for giving the equivalency exams that are spread out over a span of one and a half year.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you reside in Maharashtra. esp cities like mumbai or pune, you can find overseas counsultants who can help yo out. atleast find out some information for you to get started from somewhere.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

It's difficult but not impossible to get a Canadian employer to offer you a job before you procure the license to practice. In a number of regulated occupations, a foreign-trained individual can come to Canada and work under supervision for a period of time while preparing to complete certification or licensure exams.

2) If the answer to the above is no, then what are my chances of being invited to apply for permanent residency through other means (eg. provincial nomination)

Applying to immigrate on the basis of your skills/education/work experience is how most people have historically immigrated through economic programs. Under Express Entry, there is obviously a greater emphasis on job offers or provincial nominations, but considering that the economic immigration admission target for 2015 is quite high (don't recall exactly but maybe 180,000), there will definitely be opportunities to be selected even without a job offer or nomination.

3) In continuation to the above, are there provinces in Canada where Dentistry is an -in demand- occupation and I can be nominated without a job offer?

You should check occupational forecasts for the province you're interested in. Many levels of government (federal, provincial and municipal) issue labour market forecasts - these will be excellent resources to help you answer this question. As you might expect, working in northern or less urban areas could offer a higher chance of employment for medical professionals.

I think perhaps you can be nominated without a job offer but it depends on each province's PNP rules.

4) If I neither have a permanent job offer nor a provincial nomination, will my Comprehensive Ranking Points be high enough to be invited to apply for PR?

CIC has said over the medium-long term, more invitations to apply will be extended to people without job offers or nominations than with - again, because they have an admission target to fill. So having a high CRS score isn't the be-all and end-all.

I don't know the answer to this one.

6) I had applied for a visitor's visa (Temporary Resident Visa) 6 months back which was rejected. Will that have any bearing on my Express Entry application? Also, do I have to mention my Visitor Visa UCI on the Express Entry form or is it only for prior FSW PR applications? Will there be a cross check of the documents I submitted there?

Generally, refused TRVs don't impact PR applications (unless perhaps there were security or criminality risks). If you are ever asked about prior refused visitor visas, do not lie - no point, since CIC's system will have records that would contradict the lie. Yes, they will do a cross-check of all previous applications but there should be nothing to be concerned about.

Each province/territory has its own rules on this but it is expected that you would commit to living there for at least a number of years, I would think. However, I don't know if any province/territory enforces this.

squashskills

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
linsub said:
Thank you squashskills for your reply. Will I need to get a Canadian dental license before applying for PR through EE? Because I doubt I will be granted a visitor's visa for giving the equivalency exams that are spread out over a span of one and a half year.
License you will get after getting PR ie after landing.
Its highly regulated job.To work as Canada about 10 years back was easy not now,they had made it next to impossible same like medicine doctors.Drs association/lobby is very strong and they are against foreign educated doctors.So even after studying say for 4 years to complete this shortfall again you have to wait for residency.....again a long waiting period.
Someone say that you can work under canadian qualified dentist if he is willing to hire.Work as what? .....technician or technologists.Handling equipments.Provided again he is willing to take a risk and hire you.
Its a long journey.I mean its like doing whole dentistry again for 4+ years.

noorulhuda

Dec 16, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
21-Feb-2018
amira_mais said:

It's difficult but not impossible to get a Canadian employer to offer you a job before you procure the license to practice. In a number of regulated occupations, a foreign-trained individual can come to Canada and work under supervision for a period of time while preparing to complete certification or licensure exams.

Applying to immigrate on the basis of your skills/education/work experience is how most people have historically immigrated through economic programs. Under Express Entry, there is obviously a greater emphasis on job offers or provincial nominations, but considering that the economic immigration admission target for 2015 is quite high (don't recall exactly but maybe 180,000), there will definitely be opportunities to be selected even without a job offer or nomination.

You should check occupational forecasts for the province you're interested in. Many levels of government (federal, provincial and municipal) issue labour market forecasts - these will be excellent resources to help you answer this question. As you might expect, working in northern or less urban areas could offer a higher chance of employment for medical professionals.

I think perhaps you can be nominated without a job offer but it depends on each province's PNP rules.

CIC has said over the medium-long term, more invitations to apply will be extended to people without job offers or nominations than with - again, because they have an admission target to fill. So having a high CRS score isn't the be-all and end-all.

I don't know the answer to this one.

Generally, refused TRVs don't impact PR applications (unless perhaps there were security or criminality risks). If you are ever asked about prior refused visitor visas, do not lie - no point, since CIC's system will have records that would contradict the lie. Yes, they will do a cross-check of all previous applications but there should be nothing to be concerned about.

Each province/territory has its own rules on this but it is expected that you would commit to living there for at least a number of years, I would think. However, I don't know if any province/territory enforces this.

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
You will be good because it is "eligible to register" so provided your degree / credentials are judged to be equivalent you will be ok. I would assume dentistry is an in demand occupation but you need to check as I am an engineer.

Which institution did you graduate from in India?
Hi,
I am a Veterinarian from Bangladesh, currently living in Montreal.
Am I eligible to apply on EE.It is important to mention, I do not have recent work experience as a Veterinarian since I left my country long time ago on 09/2009.
Thank you for your prompt reply.