App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
I have received my PR visa and will land in September. Before we land my wife will give birth to our child. The child will become Canadian citizen and there is no need for me to resubmit my PR application – just add the child as a dependent upon landing.

We are trying to find out how to register our newborn child as citizen of Canada. Form CIT0006 seems to be what we need to fill out, but the processing time for this seems to be very long! It is my understanding that we can still cross the border as the child is also US citizen by birth and doesn’t require any travelling documents.

- Can our newborn cross the border and we then apply for proof of citizenship from within the country?
- Will this be any issues for me upon landing as I don’t have a proof of Canadian citizenship for my child?

Thanks,

T

thaihubby

I just registered on this site and I see you posted this question in July. I was able to get a 'Limited Validity passport' for my 8 month old daughter from the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok while her Citizenship was/is being processed. Now I'm wondering if they can forward the card to my parents home where we are visiting before we head back to Thailand and her Dad?