+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding working after entry back to Canada

ssm784

Dec 1, 2022
Hi Team,

My TRV has been approved today with April 2024 as expiry date. I also got a letter from IRCC about acknowledgement of work permit extension request for bridging work permit. Here are my details:
1- Currently on post graduation work permit (expiry: January 15, 2023 ).
2- applied for PR in the month of Nov 2022
3- I received a letter saying, "Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working."

Do you think if its ok to travel to India for a month and then come back on 11th January 2023 and work in Canada ?

Here it says if I come back before my work permit expiries then it is fine.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

M V Arun

Feb 19, 2022
Hi, I am in same situation, did you go to India and come back ? are we allowed to work in this case or not.

sudipto784

Feb 28, 2023
Yes. I continued to work. I entered Canada before my work permit expired. Implied status starts after the work permit expires.