+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding work permits

Prabraj

Jan 11, 2024
hello I am international student studying in Canada, I have a remote job on a contract basis, for a US based company. Also I have an offer to work part time for a canadian company. Please help me with this.
as I am working for a company that is not in Canada, that 20 hours work permit does not apply for this am I correct?
And as that does not apply, I can work for 20 hours for the canadian company as part time?
Please help me with this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello I am international student studying in Canada, I have a remote job on a contract basis, for a US based company. Also I have an offer to work part time for a canadian company. Please help me with this.
as I am working for a company that is not in Canada, that 20 hours work permit does not apply for this am I correct?
And as that does not apply, I can work for 20 hours for the canadian company as part time?
Please help me with this.
As long as the US company has no Canadian offices, clients or contracts, you can work more than 20 hours.

Prabraj

Jan 11, 2024
As long as the US company has no Canadian offices, clients or contracts, you can work more than 20 hours.
Thanks a ton … that US company is not here in canada. But they will pay to my Canadian bank account and the part time that I got here also pay to my Canadian bank account. Will that cause any issues ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks a ton … that US company is not here in canada. But they will pay to my Canadian bank account and the part time that I got here also pay to my Canadian bank account. Will that cause any issues ?
Just because US company is not in Canada is not the only issue. Does employer have any Canadian clients/customers/suppliers? You will need to declare worldwide income.

sisswa

Feb 1, 2016
Yep, you're right. The 20-hour work limit for international students in Canada only applies to jobs within Canada. Since your remote job is for a US-based company, it doesn't count towards those hours.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yep, you're right. The 20-hour work limit for international students in Canada only applies to jobs within Canada. Since your remote job is for a US-based company, it doesn't count towards those hours.
Not necessarily true. If US company has Canadian clients/customers/office then it is not eligible.