+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Work Permit Application

deancloud

Jun 28, 2012
So here's the thing. I am currently in Canada with a V-1 (Visitor) Visa. I got a job offer as a Live-In Caregiver and I already know the requirements to apply for a work permit. THE THING IS, some websites say that I should apply for a work permit in my home country (Philippines) and some websites say that I can do it somewhere else. So, question is, is it possible for me to submit my work permit application to any of the Canadian Visa Office in the UNITED STATES? I HAVE a Multiply Entry Tourist Visa for both the United States (So I AM NOT a US citizen) and Canada (if that should help). It would be too troublesome if I have to travel all the way back to the Philippines then come back here in Canada. It would be much easier if I can just submit my work permit application to the US as it is closer.

Hope anyone can help me with this one.

Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can submit your application either to NYC or LA consulates. Hopefully you have all the supporting documents with you on top of the LMO.

deancloud said:
So here's the thing. I am currently in Canada with a V-1 (Visitor) Visa. I got a job offer as a Live-In Caregiver and I already know the requirements to apply for a work permit. THE THING IS, some websites say that I should apply for a work permit in my home country (Philippines) and some websites say that I can do it somewhere else. So, question is, is it possible for me to submit my work permit application to any of the Canadian Visa Office in the UNITED STATES? I HAVE a Multiply Entry Tourist Visa for both the United States (So I AM NOT a US citizen) and Canada (if that should help). It would be too troublesome if I have to travel all the way back to the Philippines then come back here in Canada. It would be much easier if I can just submit my work permit application to the US as it is closer.

Hope anyone can help me with this one.

Thanks!