+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding work experience

Jacquelinexu

Mar 16, 2016
Hi

My question is regarding the work experience.

I was engaged in the online marketing for my first job in 2015 while I have worked as a law clerk at the law firm which is also my current job since 2016.

Above, I'm wondering if the different job position or field will affect my PR application under the CEC or FSW?

Thank you in advance.

Happy New Year.

Jackie

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi

My question is regarding the work experience.

I was engaged in the online marketing for my first job in 2015 while I have worked as a law clerk at the law firm which is also my current job since 2016.

Above, I'm wondering if the different job position or field will affect my PR application under the CEC or FSW?
No. For CEC, there is no requirement that you have continuous experience for one employer in one job. For FSW, the one year continuous employment in one job is met with.... one year. For CRS points, as long as the job is skilled and eligible, then you can count it.

I assume you have a complete year of experience within the past 3 years (as a law clerk?) in Canada, to qualify for CEC?

Jacquelinexu

Mar 16, 2016
No. For CEC, there is no requirement that you have continuous experience for one employer in one job. For FSW, the one year continuous employment in one job is met with.... one year. For CRS points, as long as the job is skilled and eligible, then you can count it.

I assume you have a complete year of experience within the past 3 years (as a law clerk?) in Canada, to qualify for CEC?
Thank you very much for your kind response!

And I have been working as a law clerk more than 1 year, I got the crs points with 435 so far.

Hopefully, I will get the invitation this year.