+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding work experience for spouse-PR

ashwiniundale

Jul 8, 2018
Hi All,

I am.applying for express entry. I will be the primary applicant. My spouse is secondary. He has 5 years work experience in India and 3 months till date in Canada.
While filling application what should we mention for the work experience for spouse ? Will that be counted ? Will CiC evaluate documents as his Canadian experience as it is less than a year.
Currently I have just mentioned Canadian experience as crs ask only that. Should I mention indian experience also ?

Reply will highly be appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,

I am.applying for express entry. I will be the primary applicant. My spouse is secondary. He has 5 years work experience in India and 3 months till date in Canada.
While filling application what should we mention for the work experience for spouse ? Will that be counted ? Will CiC evaluate documents as his Canadian experience as it is less than a year.

??? Are you filling out the application (meaning,you have already received an ITA), or are you filling out the expression of interest profile (which is not an application for PR).

You receive no points for a spouse´s foreign work experience. And you will receive no points for his Canadian experience until after he completes one year.

Do not include in the Profile (if you include it in the profile, you will be asked to provide a letter of reference). When you get to the application, include it only in his Personal History section.

ashwiniundale

Jul 8, 2018
I am yet to receive the invite.this is just to create a profile in express entry. And he has full time job here.

ashwiniundale

Jul 8, 2018
I am yet to receive the invite.this is just to create a profile in express entry. And he has full time job here.

I thought let me just enter his Canadian months experience while creating profile. So that CIC knows he is not actually depending on my job .
And will mention his indian experience in personal history as u said.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I thought let me just enter his Canadian months experience while creating profile. So that CIC knows he is not actually depending on my job .
Under the CEC class, that is not a consideration. But if you include his job in the profile, you will be asked to provide his letter of reference., even though you will receive no points until he completes 1 year.

ashwiniundale

Jul 8, 2018
I understand what you are telling. Thanks .
I will recheck this and then will create profile.
And as he is full time here will his job offer and pay stub won't be enough?A reference letter will be required ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
And as he is full time here will his job offer and pay stub won't be enough?A reference letter will be required ?
In truth, it doesn´t really matter, since you won´t be getting any points for it anyway. You can upload what you have : )

ashwiniundale

Jul 8, 2018
In truth, it doesn´t really matter, since you won´t be getting any points for it anyway. You can upload what you have : )
Haha :) true
Just was worried after I add and if they ask something and it should simply not create a problem with documents.

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hi ashwiniundale, did u end up including it in EE profile or not? If not, and if when his experience reaches 1 year but you still haven't got ITA, did you update your profile to get 5 more points?