+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding work during unofficial break.

Harleen3

Apr 18, 2018
hello dear,
I am an international full- time student at Seneca college. I am going to complete my first course in April itself. I am having one query that I want to clear. As after completing my course I am having 4 months break in between for the second course, that is considered as the non-official break. As i did not get the course for May intake, so I get that for September intake. As I am still having my study permit till August 2018. So, I want to ask that can I work for 20 hrs or not in this break?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello dear,
I am an international full- time student at Seneca college. I am going to complete my first course in April itself. I am having one query that I want to clear. As after completing my course I am having 4 months break in between for the second course, that is considered as the non-official break. As i did not get the course for May intake, so I get that for September intake. As I am still having my study permit till August 2018. So, I want to ask that can I work for 20 hrs or not in this break?
You cannot work at all during this break (either full time or part time). If you work between your two programs, you can expect your PGWP to be refused.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

ANKIT KUNDLU

Dec 15, 2016
You cannot work at all during this break (either full time or part time). If you work between your two programs, you can expect your PGWP to be refused.
Same situation is mine but in diffrent way. I mean , i have my studies ongoing as full time status but i failed in one subject and hence i re enrolled myself in that subject with some elective subjects to maintain full time status. Now when i finished with my semester(April 2018), i have no subjects available for may(summer). I will have 2 more semester( after this summer break 2018) from sep 2018 . Is it legal for me to work full time Or part time.
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Same situation is mine but in diffrent way. I mean , i have my studies ongoing as full time status but i failed in one subject and hence i re enrolled myself in that subject with some elective subjects to maintain full time status. Now when i finished with my semester(April 2018), i have no subjects available for may(summer). I will have 2 more semester( after this summer break 2018) from sep 2018 . Is it legal for me to work full time Or part time.
Thank you
As it is an unscheduled break, no, you are not allowed to work.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
By break i mean its official for everyone in this course who came in Sep 2017. Just because i have no subjects , i mean everyone, there is a break for summer 2018.
You didn't start in Sep 2017. Your post suggests you would have been studying this summer semester if you hadn't failed. Are all of the people who started in Jan 2017 on break as well?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

ANKIT KUNDLU

Dec 15, 2016
Not sure why you are quoting that. Answer the question. Is it a regularly scheduled break for those who started with you in Jan 2017? From what you've said, it isn't, which means that it is an unscheduled break for you because you failed a class.
Yes it’s unscheduled for me unfortunately.