+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding wife surname before in the passport and full name in my family information form

SGC12

Dec 11, 2018
Hello! Have a good day!

My name is SS YY. I am working in one of University in Canada on work permit. Now, my wife is coming here as a spouse. I wants helps and suggestion from you. My problem is written below.

Actually during my immigration application to Canada, in family information form (IMM5645), I have used my wife full name as "NNN BSU".

My family name is "YY" while my wife maiden name (Family name during birth) is " BSU". She has not Indian passport yet, Now she wants to apply for Indian passport first to start the immigration process.

We want to use "YY" as a family name for my wife. We have marriage certificate, by which she wants to change the family name in the Indian passport from India. After changing family name, my wife name becomes "NNN YY" from "NNN BSU"

But I used her name "NNN BSU" in family information form during my application
If she will issue Indian passport having full name "NNN YY" (having my surname) instead of "NNN BSU" (which I used in family information form) will cause any problem during immigration?

I want to ask that, If there is different in the last name of my wife in her passport and full name written by me in my in family application form, will create any issue during my wife immigration process?

Please help me to solve this issue.

Than you in advance.

Last edited: