+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding TRV ( Important )

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi everyone,
I just received my Work Permit by mail in Canada and now I’m planning to apply for a TRV ( Temporary Resident Visa )
I just want to know if the following three documents would suffice for the trv application:
1) Digital Photo
2) Passport ( First and Last Page )
3) Original Work Permit

Additionally, is there any necessity to include documents of my employment records ( offer letter, T4 slips etc )and financial statements too ?
Thanking you

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi everyone,
I just received my Work Permit by mail in Canada and now I’m planning to apply for a TRV ( Temporary Resident Visa )
I just want to know if the following three documents would suffice for the trv application:
1) Digital Photo
2) Passport ( First and Last Page )
3) Original Work Permit

Additionally, is there any necessity to include documents of my employment records ( offer letter, T4 slips etc )and financial statements too ?
Thanking you
Hi, i am in the same situation, although i would like to ask you a question please, should we apply for the visa even it has not yet expired? mine will expire in february, can i submit my visa application now or till it expires?

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi there, though I haven’t been in this situation, I think you most probably can apply, as you are renewing it. Just make sure you have a valid permit ( study or work etc ) before you apply as that is an important and primary requirement.

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi there, though I haven’t been in this situation, I think you most probably can apply, as you are renewing it. Just make sure you have a valid permit ( study or work etc ) before you apply as that is an important and primary requirement.
thank you i have just generated my documents, i got also the Employment Records (required), i am not sure too what to put there, if you got any answers please let me know :)

thanks!

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
thank you i have just generated my documents, i got also the Employment Records (required), i am not sure too what to put there, if you got any answers please let me know :)

thanks!
Hey there, I think we got to put in the offer letters received as well as the pay slips. It is more than sufficient for the employment records I believe.
Btw, what documents you going to put in for your trv ?
For me, it would be the passport, digital photo, work permit and pay slips ( employment records)

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hey there, I think we got to put in the offer letters received as well as the pay slips. It is more than sufficient for the employment records I believe.
Btw, what documents you going to put in for your trv ?
For me, it would be the passport, digital photo, work permit and pay slips ( employment records)
thanks, well me too i will submit my passport, digital photo and my new extended work permit and the IMM5257

as for the Employment Records , i am not sure how many pay slips i can add because of the 4mb maximum in the document (i have worked for one year there will be a lot of pay slips will you add them all) ?

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Yeah, that’s the required documents. Some of my friends too haven’t included employment records, it just complicates things

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi there, I’m just on the verge of submitting my trv application.
However, for a question under “Name and address of a person / institute I will visit “
Can I put in the address of the place I currently work ?
Thanks

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
yes i think this is it.
i still did not sumbitted my app yet, because my visa will expire till 28 of february.

in your case does it already expired?

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
hi did you submit your trv, did you get an answer or not yet?
for me i am just about to submit my documents.

Also how many pay slips did you include?
Hi there, i've submitted my Trv on 16 Jan and havent received any response yet. From my understanding they aren't giving preference to Trv applications right now as they are focusing on pgwp and express entry applications.
For the DOcuments- I have just included the imm form, my passport, digital photo and a work permit copy