+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding the immunisation for child

Hardy01

Oct 29, 2019
My baby is 1 year old and we are new here. My baby is on visitor visa and don't have health card yet. According to back home record the next injection is going to be on 12 November.. So please tell me where should I go for the immunisation or should I visit community health centre near me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My baby is 1 year old and we are new here. My baby is on visitor visa and don't have health card yet. According to back home record the next injection is going to be on 12 November.. So please tell me where should I go for the immunisation or should I visit community health centre near me.
All depends on where you live. 1 year appointment is about a lot more than immunizations. The appointments is more about whether the child is growing and developing normally and hitting all their milestones then the appointment finishes with vaccinations. Some public health departments offer some vaccinations free of cost but you will have to call your local public health office. There may be a specific clinic time for immunizations. Do you have a GP? Perhaps your GP can also follow your child as well although you will have to pay for the appointment. GPs see healthy children in Canada. Paediatricians are normally only for children with serious and/or chronic medical issues.