+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REGARDING STUDY VISA

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
HELLO ALL,
I have a Question It will be great if someone can answer. I had a Post graduate Work permit which is going to expire end of this year . I am not able to apply for PR as I am short of points. I talked to one consultant and he offered me that he can get a study permit for me for two years and than if I want I don't actually need to pay tuition fee and don't need to go to college . I can stay here in canada and work like 20 hrs as per study permit allows . I want to know is it really possible ? or even if it is possible am I able to travel around like can I go back home and come back or I have to stay here. Other thing does it affect my chances of getting PR in future ? Does it have any negative effects on my status ?
Plz help me if u know .
Thanks In ADvance.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
naumanayubi said:
HELLO ALL,
I have a Question It will be great if someone can answer. I had a Post graduate Work permit which is going to expire end of this year . I am not able to apply for PR as I am short of points. I talked to one consultant and he offered me that he can get a study permit for me for two years and than if I want I don't actually need to pay tuition fee and don't need to go to college . I can stay here in canada and work like 20 hrs as per study permit allows . I want to know is it really possible ? or even if it is possible am I able to travel around like can I go back home and come back or I have to stay here. Other thing does it affect my chances of getting PR in future ? Does it have any negative effects on my status ?
Plz help me if u know .
Thanks In ADvance.
What you have done ? In Canada

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
naumanayubi said:
HELLO ALL,
Plz help me if u know .
Thanks In ADvance.
sorry but this to me sounds like a scam , get a study permit, no need go to college or pay any fees ?

I am assuming this consultant will be providing some fake college acceptance to support the study permit application. If turns out this is all some dubious process then if ever found out in the future you could probably forget PR. Just be aware immigration can do spot checks with colleges to validate attendance plus will the consultant also provide a graduation certificate for the college you do not need to attend ?

How much is the consultant asking for all this ?

This is my personal interpretation so others can comment

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
NO HE is not going to give any Certificate . ITs not scam I know. That's good consultant company but technically its not legal. I need to know consequences. Like wheatear I am able to work or not. I heard if I didn't attend college I am not able to get Work permit. They are asking for 1500$ processing fee and every body here charge almost same.

Bs65 said:
sorry but this to me sounds like a scam , get a study permit, no need go to college or pay any fees ?

I am assuming this consultant will be providing some fake college acceptance to support the study permit application. If turns out this is all some dubious process then if ever found out in the future you could probably forget PR. Just be aware immigration can do spot checks with colleges to validate attendance plus will the consultant also provide a graduation certificate for the college you do not need to attend ?

How much is the consultant asking for all this ?

This is my personal interpretation so others can comment

Riyaz8108

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
It's not a big deal. Just clarify a few things before you do it through them. Many people have settled in places in these ways. If you think you won't get caught then go for it. And you will have to mostly stay in Canada then.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
naumanayubi said:
1 Year Diploma and than 1 year PGWP
If you already had PGWP, then forget about another one. PGWP can be issued only once. Your consultant has no idea what he is talking about.

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
and Does it effect my future status like if I apply for PR does it effect my chances

Riyaz8108 said:
It's not a big deal. Just clarify a few things before you do it through them. Many people have settled in places in these ways. If you think you won't get caught then go for it. And you will have to mostly stay in Canada then.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
naumanayubi said:
and Does it effect my future status like if I apply for PR does it effect my chances
i think you answered this yourself when questioning the legality of this scheme.

Just remember a consultant cannot guarantee you getting a study permit as you still need an acceptance to a relevant course, proof of financial status and more difficult given you already have 1 year study with 1 year PGWp a convincing case that you intend to return home on completion.

Personally I would be more concerned about the suggestion to have a study permit, not attend college but still do the 20 hr part time work which would break the permit conditions to attend full time. Also the work experience cannot be counted towards any PR application . If found out or reported you could probably forget ever applying for PR in the future and worst case if reported for non compliance be issued a removal order

Read this link about compliance http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/reporting.asp

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
yaa thas my problem ... I was looking for lmia but my PGWP is going to expire like in oct. don't have time so don't know what to do at this point. What if I applied for Study visa and than get lmia .
Study Permit at least give me time to stay in Canada . Can I do that or not ??

Bs65 said:
i think you answered this yourself when questioning the legality of this scheme.

Just remember a consultant cannot guarantee you getting a study permit as you still need an acceptance to a relevant course, proof of financial status and more difficult given you already have 1 year study with 1 year PGWp a convincing case that you intend to return home on completion.

Personally I would be more concerned about the suggestion to have a study permit, not attend college but still do the 20 hr part time work which would break the permit conditions to attend full time. Also the work experience cannot be counted towards any PR application . If found out or reported you could probably forget ever applying for PR in the future and worst case if reported for non compliance be issued a removal order

Read this link about compliance http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/reporting.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
naumanayubi said:
yaa thas my problem ... I was looking for lmia but my PGWP is going to expire like in oct. don't have time so don't know what to do at this point. What if I applied for Study visa and than get lmia .
Study Permit at least give me time to stay in Canada . Can I do that or not ??
If you want to stay in Canada under a study permit - then you need to be studying full time. If you obtain a study permit and then don't study, your study permit will be automatically canceled after 90 days and then you'll be in Canada without status.

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
How it get cancelled and how they know about it???
Let suppose if I get study permit so technically it will give me like 3 months and than I get lmia does it effect my chances of PR or it doesn't have any effect on PR in future as my study permit is being cancelled.

scylla said:
If you want to stay in Canada under a study permit - then you need to be studying full time. If you obtain a study permit and then don't study, your study permit will be automatically canceled after 90 days and then you'll be in Canada without status.