+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding study permit - January 2021

Ameer Haram

Nov 23, 2020
applied 16th of October
medical exams on 28th October
got biometrics 11th of November
got biometric confirmation 07th of December.
from Dominican Republic.
refused today for financial reason, appeal the next week.
Hey! What did you attach with your file? It’d actually help me because ive applied through SDS and ive also attached bank statements of business account.

akansha.1111

Nov 16, 2019
Hello,
Has anyone received any updates regarding their study permit application for Winter 2021 intake ?
I’ve applied for my study permit on the 18th of November 2020 and got my biometric done on the 30th of November 2020, which got updated the same day.
Post that I’ve not received any updates.
Could anyone please share if any update has happened on their application?
Thanks !

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
You applied two weeks ago & your program starts beginning of January? Waited a little late.
It's not possible to get the SP approval in time for winter 2021 as the processing times have surged to 36 weeks due to 2020 backlogs.

"Even with expanded hours of operation at the VACs, not all students will be able to enrol their biometrics and have their application finalized before their January classes start. "

Normal processing times no longer apply , you can check at :

https://twitter.com/CanadainIndia
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Last edited:
Reactions: rijol verma

Mo_steady

Dec 22, 2020
My girlfriend got accepted for a postgraduate program in mohawk college, her application was submitted OCT 1, her biometrics and medicals have been done and submitted. Her status changed to reviewing eligibility Nov 27 and it’s been like that since. On Dec 8 she got an email from support@icent saying they recently just received her visa confirmation. Please does anyone know what this means and why her ircc portal hasn't been updated

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
My girlfriend got accepted for a postgraduate program in mohawk college, her application was submitted OCT 1, her biometrics and medicals have been done and submitted. Her status changed to reviewing eligibility Nov 27 and it’s been like that since. On Dec 8 she got an email from support@icent saying they recently just received her visa confirmation. Please does anyone know what this means and why her ircc portal hasn't been updated
Can you please share the visa timeline of hers.,
Also in her portal was the medical date updated after submitting the biometrics. And one more thing can you please confirm that "just received her visa confirmation" what does this specifically mean.

Deepak Rajan

Jul 2, 2019
Dubai
AOR Received.
01-06-2019
Med's Done....
12-05-2019
I applied on 21 st sept, biometrics on 19 th Nov ( gave in Dubai) still there's no update...even eligibility review hasn't started...
Hi I am also from Dubai I need your help in understanding how you showed Proof of funds ? because I am not able to open GIC account from UAE

elderluis

Nov 3, 2020
Hey! What did you attach with your file? It’d actually help me because ive applied through SDS and ive also attached bank statements of business account.
bank statements from me and my wife, from a loan that we asked and statements showing my share stock from my company.

nadir hassan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hello,
Has anyone received any updates regarding their study permit application for Winter 2021 intake ?
I’ve applied for my study permit on the 18th of November 2020 and got my biometric done on the 30th of November 2020, which got updated the same day.
Post that I’ve not received any updates.
Could anyone please share if any update has happened on their application?
Thanks !
yeah i am just receiving ghost updates! and nothing else

Mo_steady

Dec 22, 2020
Can you please share the visa timeline of hers.,
Also in her portal was the medical date updated after submitting the biometrics. And one more thing can you please confirm that "just received her visa confirmation" what does this specifically mean.
She Applied october 1st
Biometrics October 7
Medical confirmed November 25
Review of eligibility started December 1st

she got an email from the icent App saying

“Greeting from Mohawk international

We’ve recently received your visa confirmation and are excited as you begin your journey and study at Mohawk college” that’s what the first paragraph of the email says.

The subject was “Mohawk current student icent app- account created”

We really don’t understand what this means as her school resumes January 6th and she’s yet to register because IRCC portal still says “reviewing eligibility”