+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding study permit - January 2021

parth65

Dec 2, 2020
Hello all,
I've applied for my study permit on 10th August, 2020. Also, my biometrics are already submitted. However, I didn't get any reply from IRCC.

If anyone is experiencing the same thing or have the answers, kindly reply on this thread.

Best regards,
Parth

elderluis

Nov 3, 2020
The same here. Apply in November, biometric the 11th and everything. And waiting for a answer.

From dominican republic to fanshawe college in Ontario

Adrien

Dec 3, 2020
[QUOTE = "Elderluis, message: 9037058, membre: 1009466"]
Pareil ici. Postulez en novembre, biométrique le 11 et tout. Et en attendant une réponse.

De la République dominicaine au Collège Fanshawe en Ontario
[/CITATION]
Please help

elderluis

Nov 3, 2020
[QUOTE = "Elderluis, message: 9037058, membre: 1009466"]
Pareil ici. Postulez en novembre, biométrique le 11 et tout. Et en attendant une réponse.

De la République dominicaine au Collège Fanshawe en Ontario
[/CITATION]
Please help
Can you write that in English Or Spanish?.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Hello all,
I've applied for my study permit on 10th August, 2020. Also, my biometrics are already submitted. However, I didn't get any reply from IRCC.

If anyone is experiencing the same thing or have the answers, kindly reply on this thread.

Best regards,
Parth
has your med been update.? my app july but no update.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I am an international student from INDIA and I have enrolled myself at McMaster University and also the University is in the list of DLIs for approved readiness plan issued by the government.

But the major issues that we students enrolled in are facing that the University has set a deadline for us to submit a copy of the study permit approval or stage 1 approval by no later than 14th DEC 2020.

Personally speaking, I had submitted my application on 28th SEPT, and on 1st of DEC I have submitted my biometrics as well and now I am waiting for the email from the Delhi immigration services to proceed further.

But considering this current situation and the time taken to submit the passport in two-way courier service it will take at least 15-20 days for my visa to be stamped, for me, this is not an issue as the online classes will be starting in around the first week of JAN and I am positive that I'll get my approval till then, but as my University has set a deadline of 14th DEC to provide them with the study permit approval document, which we all students requested for an extension(till mid-JAN) but they haven't responded to our email yet.

So kindly guide us further in terms of how should we proceed as if we won't provide a document showing a valid study permit then we must defer our program to SEPT 21 which for each and every student will be a waste of 8 months and considering the reputation of this University and as we already have our funds intact with the University we don't want to rescind our offer.

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I am an international student from INDIA and I have enrolled myself at McMaster University and also the University is in the list of DLIs for approved readiness plan issued by the government.

But the major issues that we students enrolled in are facing that the University has set a deadline for us to submit a copy of the study permit approval or stage 1 approval by no later than 14th DEC 2020.

Personally speaking, I had submitted my application on 28th SEPT, and on 1st of DEC I have submitted my biometrics as well and now I am waiting for the email from the Delhi immigration services to proceed further.

But considering this current situation and the time taken to submit the passport in two-way courier service it will take at least 15-20 days for my visa to be stamped, for me, this is not an issue as the online classes will be starting in around the first week of JAN and I am positive that I'll get my approval till then, but as my University has set a deadline of 14th DEC to provide them with the study permit approval document, which we all students requested for an extension(till mid-JAN) but they haven't responded to our email yet.

So kindly guide us further in terms of how should we proceed as if we won't provide a document showing a valid study permit then we must defer our program to SEPT 21 which for each and every student will be a waste of 8 months and considering the reputation of this University and as we already have our funds intact with the University we don't want to rescind our offer.
Hi,
Have you contacted your university about the changes in IRCC policies regarding online classes for January 2021 intake? As I have also enrolled for Ka College for January intake and previously the same policy was followed there too but in November I recieved the mail from college categorically specifying that-
'Given the recent changes to the IRCC guidelines for international students, Langara College has revised the registration rules for Spring 2021. Students will be eligible to register if they:

· Are admitted to the Spring 2021 semester, AND

· They have applied for a study permit

Important: This new rule is only for those who have a study permit application in process

And ofcourse McMaster University is a very significant university so i am positive that they would consider this. You can have a word with your education counselor about this maybe some good thing will come out of this.
Good luck and hope for the best!!!

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi,
Have you contacted your university about the changes in IRCC policies regarding online classes for January 2021 intake? As I have also enrolled for Ka College for January intake and previously the same policy was followed there too but in November I recieved the mail from college categorically specifying that-
'Given the recent changes to the IRCC guidelines for international students, Langara College has revised the registration rules for Spring 2021. Students will be eligible to register if they:

· Are admitted to the Spring 2021 semester, AND

· They have applied for a study permit

Important: This new rule is only for those who have a study permit application in process

And of course McMaster University is a very significant university so i am positive that they would consider this. You can have a word with your education counselor about this maybe some good thing will come out of this.
Good luck and hope for the best!!!
Hey buddy thankyou for your concern and sharing your guidelines made by your college its was really helpful.

Also today(03rd Dec 2020) I received an email from McMaster and they have extended my deadline to 5th JAN 2021.

1. In McMaster my course is only for SEPT/JAN there is no May intake.
2. If they are admitting for online classes on study permit application then it's great news.
3. I completed my biometrics on 1st DEC and waiting for the passport request letter.

What do you think will i get a valid study permit before 5th JAN

Also, do share your VISA timeline.

Thankyou

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hey buddy thankyou for your concern and sharing your guidelines made by your college its was really helpful.

Also today(03rd Dec 2020) I received an email from McMaster and they have extended my deadline to 5th JAN 2021.

1. In McMaster my course is only for SEPT/JAN there is no May intake.
2. If they are admitting for online classes on study permit application then it's great news.
3. I completed my biometrics on 1st DEC and waiting for the passport request letter.

What do you think will i get a valid study permit before 5th JAN

Also, do share your VISA timeline.

Thankyou
Hi,
That's great news, congratulations for that. As for my timeline it's-
Application submitted- 11 November
Biometric appointment- 4th December (tomorrow)
Everything else is ok, I am just worried about my medical status as till now it's showing status as- '
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.'
And I think you'll be through with your visa till January because as per news of pendency at VFS offices they are working at a good pace and we can just be positive and hope for the best right.
Also congratulations for getting into such a good uni. All the best!!!

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hi,
Everything else is ok, I am just worried about my medical status as till now it's showing status as- '
And I think you'll be through with your visa till January because as per news of pendency at VFS offices they are working at a good pace and we can just be positive and hope for the best right.
Your Visa office and for which course/University you applied? Can you tell me your refrence number which you received while filling biomettric webform ?

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi,
Thankyou buddy,
As far as the medical exam is concerned for mine as well the status shows the same.
"You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

but at least we can confirm that we don't need to give a medical test again.

And also one thing I have noticed from my other friends and contacts that there are many students who have submitted their biometrics and right after the biometrics they have got the refusal and if in your application if specifies that your biometrics is completed on so and so date then its a good news at least your application won't be rejected now.
SO DON"T worry your visa application is strong and there are no chances of refusal now.

Do check in your ICC account reg. biometrics update.

BTW: your are from which city?

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Thankyou buddy,
As far as the medical exam is concerned for mine as well the status shows the same.
"You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

but at least we can confirm that we don't need to give a medical test again.

And also one thing I have noticed from my other friends and contacts that there are many students who have submitted their biometrics and right after the biometrics they have got the refusal and if in your application if specifies that your biometrics is completed on so and so date then its a good news at least your application won't be rejected now.
SO DON"T worry your visa application is strong and there are no chances of refusal now.

Do check in your ICC account reg. biometrics update.

BTW: your are from which city?
Hi,
Yes that's true what you are saying for medical. As I have other people's experiences on this forum, there status for medical got updated as passed pretty early so there's no fixed timeline.
Yes my biometric got updated as completed within 1 hour. So, that's a relief I suppose.
And, I am from Delhi. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jaaayy