+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding study permit - January 2021

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi,
Yes that's true what you are saying for medical. As I have other people's experiences on this forum, there status for medical got updated as passed pretty early so there's no fixed timeline.
Yes my biometric got updated as completed within 1 hour. So, that's a relief I suppose.
And, I am from Delhi. :)
Oh great, I am from Ahmedabad. Do share if you receive any updates further.

rozmyn

Nov 1, 2020
I am an international student from INDIA and I have enrolled myself at McMaster University and also the University is in the list of DLIs for approved readiness plan issued by the government.

But the major issues that we students enrolled in are facing that the University has set a deadline for us to submit a copy of the study permit approval or stage 1 approval by no later than 14th DEC 2020.

Personally speaking, I had submitted my application on 28th SEPT, and on 1st of DEC I have submitted my biometrics as well and now I am waiting for the email from the Delhi immigration services to proceed further.

But considering this current situation and the time taken to submit the passport in two-way courier service it will take at least 15-20 days for my visa to be stamped, for me, this is not an issue as the online classes will be starting in around the first week of JAN and I am positive that I'll get my approval till then, but as my University has set a deadline of 14th DEC to provide them with the study permit approval document, which we all students requested for an extension(till mid-JAN) but they haven't responded to our email yet.

So kindly guide us further in terms of how should we proceed as if we won't provide a document showing a valid study permit then we must defer our program to SEPT 21 which for each and every student will be a waste of 8 months and considering the reputation of this University and as we already have our funds intact with the University we don't want to rescind our offer.
I applied on 21 st sept, biometrics on 19 th Nov ( gave in Dubai) still there's no update...even eligibility review hasn't started...

elderluis

Nov 3, 2020
applied 16th of October
medical exams on 28th October
got biometrics 11th of November
from Dominican Republic.

got biometric validation today.

elderluis

Nov 3, 2020
applied 16th of October
medical exams on 28th October
got biometrics 11th of November
got biometric confirmation 07th of December.
from Dominican Republic.
refused today for financial reason, appeal the next week.

mafiz9829

Mar 18, 2015
Hi,

I have enrolled myself at NBCC (New Brunswick Community College) for Fall 2021 and this college is in the list of DLIs. The admission department has recommended me to apply for study permit as early as possible. However, my country of residence is Bangladesh but currently I am working in an IT company in Africa. Kindly guide me on my following queries:

• When is the right time for me to apply for study permit online?
  • When to perform a medical exam, is this before or after submitting study permit application?
  • Should I apply with my family (spouse and kids) along with my application at the same time or may be later on with a separate application? Which option will have high chance of getting visa (with family or single applicant)?
Thank you,

M. Islam

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi,

I have enrolled myself at NBCC (New Brunswick Community College) for Fall 2021 and this college is in the list of DLIs. The admission department has recommended me to apply for study permit as early as possible. However, my country of residence is Bangladesh but currently I am working in an IT company in Africa. Kindly guide me on my following queries:

• When to perform a medical exam, is this before or after submitting study permit application?
  • Should I apply with my family (spouse and kids) along with my application at the same time or may be later on with a separate application? Which option will have high chance of getting visa (with family or single applicant)?
Thank you,

M. Islam
Hey since you have got the offer letter for Fall 2021 then you have a good amount of time to look into the whole process of visa application and proceed accordingly. Also considering this situation the VISA offices are currently processing the application from MARCH 2020 for the JAN intake applicants so filing your visa file at a later stage won't be an issue for you as you have plenty of time.
And if you want to accompany your family with you then you must start preparing the required documents needed for the process( you can search online or hire a consultancy for that matter).

mafiz9829

Mar 18, 2015
Hey since you have got the offer letter for Fall 2021 then you have a good amount of time to look into the whole process of visa application and proceed accordingly. Also considering this situation the VISA offices are currently processing the application from MARCH 2020 for the JAN intake applicants so filing your visa file at a later stage won't be an issue for you as you have plenty of time.
And if you want to accompany your family with you then you must start preparing the required documents needed for the process( you can search online or hire a consultancy for that matter).
Hi, thanks for your reply. Another query is, can I perform medical exam from any countries where the designated authorized medical center or physician is available? I meant whether is this valid as per IRCC requirement? Kindly let me know if you have idea about this.

Thank you.
M.Islam

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi, thanks for your reply. Another query is, can I perform medical exam from any countries where the designated authorized medical center or physician is available? I meant whether is this valid as per IRCC requirement? Kindly let me know if you have idea about this.

Thank you.
M.Islam
Authorised medical centre of IRCC is only considered

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
Hi,

Thank you,

M. Islam
Brother,
I have also applied for NBCC. Would you mind sharing your experience regarding admission procedure. My Whtsap 00923325671929