+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding spouse and child not accompanying

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi guys!

My wife is in a foreign government job (experience 5+ years), and wants to gain some more experience and do a post graduation course before shifting to canada.

My CRS score is high if I apply through the non-accompanying spouse option. I can also justify the same to the immigration officer. The only drawback I see is that I will have to go through the spouse sponsorship program after I get the PR.

Any idea how long will it take for sponsoring my spouse, after I get a PR and land a job in canada??

Reactions: star88

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
Hi guys!

My wife is in a foreign government job (experience 5+ years), and wants to gain some more experience and do a post graduation course before shifting to canada.

My CRS score is high if I apply through the non-accompanying spouse option. I can also justify the same to the immigration officer. The only drawback I see is that I will have to go through the spouse sponsorship program after I get the PR.

Any idea how long will it take for sponsoring my spouse, after I get a PR and land a job in canada??
Generally it takes 12 months for the application to get processed. You can read through below link for more details.
https://www.visasavenue.com/canada-immigration/all-about-canada-spouse-visa-or-sponsorship-visa/

Aryan2209

Sep 23, 2019
Hi Sami,

I actually went through the route you have mentioned. My Work permit was expiring and I didn't have any other choice (My wife is in Canada though with a spousal open work permit). Anyway, I applied last month. Didn't get rejected yet. There was even an update in my profile yesterday. I will keep you updated.
Hi I am in a similar situation. Planning to apply without spouse as work permit is expiring. Wife is in canada on SOWP. What reason did you give and what was the outcome of our application. Please reply. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Pgill2609

Wbr90

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Was sure this would not be a problem but this discussion has got me into thinking. o_O

How about a case like mine, where my spouse is not accompanying me, but the main reason here is that she is currently doing her FCPS specialization. Which is due for completion by 2021.

Although there is no misinterpretation in this and I can proof with the relevant documents, do you guys think this can be considered as misinformation by VO?o_Oo_O

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi I am in a similar situation. Planning to apply without spouse as work permit is expiring. Wife is in canada on SOWP. What reason did you give and what was the outcome of our application. Please reply. Thanks in advance

Hi Aryan,

did you get any information regarding this? Please let me know.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Alot of people got it. Athough you need to state a strong reason for such case
You need to state a reason as long as you are not lying.

I saw some who declared the reason as Not Enough points get PPR.

Reactions: Wbr90

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
If a person is on closed work permit along with his family on visitor visa.
only with his family.Did someone seen any case where a person chosen spouse not accompnying and
hello everybody,
I applied for express entry and have received ITA.. I didnt plan my spouse and child to accompany me bcz if they accompany my points decrease and i would have not been able to receive ITA. Now while filling forms they are asking me Why my spouse is not accompanying me?? What possible logical reason i should explain them??? any ideas??
I am currently on ICT-closed work permit. Can my spouse still stay in Canada on visitor visa if I choose that option ? Should I apply open work permit ? If I choose spouse not accompanying to increase my CRS score.
Is there anyone who have done this being on closed work permit in Canada.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I am currently on ICT-closed work permit. Can my spouse still stay in Canada on visitor visa if I choose that option ? Should I apply open work permit ? If I choose spouse not accompanying to increase my CRS score.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Hi Sami,

I actually went through the route you have mentioned. My Work permit was expiring and I didn't have any other choice (My wife is in Canada though with a spousal open work permit). Anyway, I applied last month. Didn't get rejected yet. There was even an update in my profile yesterday. I will keep you updated.
How was the process for you ???
I am going through the same pain now ...

BePositive123

Oct 9, 2020
Hi, I am also on same boat and need help. Could you post your email address to me or share your contact number with me to discuss about this findings? Both my wife and kid are on Visitor record and i am closed work permit.