Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
"Misrepresentation" means someone is lying. That's not the case here. Simply explain the situation in a LOE: You didn't add your wife because it will reduce your point. It is a valid and common reason! If her police report and medicals are good, you will have no problem. Contrary to what some response here suggest. a couple of my friends went that route and they got PR. You can apply for her later. But she would also need to sign off on the LOE though.

jackdawn said:
u said u did not declare them for points, Declaring them as non-accompanying itself is misrepresentation

Reactions: amit202

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biggeee said:
"Misrepresentation" means someone is lying. That's not the case here. Simply explain the situation in a LOE: You didn't add your wife because it will reduce your point. It is a valid and common reason! If her police report and medicals are good, you will have no problem. Contrary to what some response here suggest. a couple of my friends went that route and they got PR. You can apply for her later. But she would also need to sign off on the LOE though.
yeah increasing CRS points is not a reason, personally i wouldnt take that risk even if someone told me they did the same thing and got PR
but its your application - upto you how you want to address it.

good luck

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
IMO, increasing points is not a valid reason for a non accompanying spouse. The OP wants his spouse to join him but deliberately left her out of the application to get an ITA earlier.

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
Under Canadian (Common) law, all things are allowed except that which is expressly prohibited. There is currently no express prohibition against not adding spouse to a PR application. You can always add spouse later for whatever reason, finance, family commitment, etc. All they want is a reason, not a "valid" reason! They ask you because they just want to be sure you have a "reason" for not adding your spouse, not because they want to "judge" your reason for not doing so.

xpressentry said:
IMO, increasing points is not a valid reason for a non accompanying spouse. The OP wants his spouse to join him but deliberately left her out of the application to get an ITA earlier.

protoebin

May 3, 2017
AOR Received.
04-09-2017
Under Canadian (Common) law, all things are allowed except that which is expressly prohibited. There is currently no express prohibition against not adding spouse to a PR application. You can always add spouse later for whatever reason, finance, family commitment, etc. All they want is a reason, not a "valid" reason! They ask you because they just want to be sure you have a "reason" for not adding your spouse, not because they want to "judge" your reason for not doing so.
I was also in the same dilemma. But your opinion sounds very reasonable. I am planning to proceed with my ITA now.
BTW, did anyone here tried this?

Thanks a lot

akashathale

Oct 23, 2012
Even I am in same dilema

My spouse did come to Canada, but has left now
Wondering If file for my PR without accompanying spouse since she does not want to back..
I have got her medicals and police clearance done anyways..

Please advise on the same..

Thanks,

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
I was also in the same dilemma. But your opinion sounds very reasonable. I am planning to proceed with my ITA now.
BTW, did anyone here tried this?

Thanks a lot
Hello,

I am also in same situation, wife not accompanying with me, i am planning to explain the same in LOE (family responsibilities). Did it work for you, what reason did you tell.

Also do we need to show the POF for spouse and kid even though they are not accompanying. I understand,they need to undergo Medicals and PCC.

thanks

MD123

Sep 3, 2015
Hello ,

Can someone advise whether my children can accompany with if I apply without spouse due to low CRS score reason.

TeeJ

Aug 25, 2018
Hi Sami,

I actually went through the route you have mentioned. My Work permit was expiring and I didn't have any other choice (My wife is in Canada though with a spousal open work permit). Anyway, I applied last month. Didn't get rejected yet. There was even an update in my profile yesterday. I will keep you updated.
Hi, just wondering if this worked out for you and if you don’t mind, can you share the reason you gave.

Reactions: yanis

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
Hello Bigeee,

I am also in similar situation...applied without my wife and son. I have received the ITA now....and while filling the form, its asking for the reasons of the same. Mentioning, ' Wife is currently working and got job commitments. Can't risk both of us quitting the job at the same since need to look after my son as well. Son needs to continue with schooling and will find the Canada winters hard.Planning to call them later on once I would have settled a bit in Canada.'

Does this seems fine to you ?

DGU

Nov 4, 2018
Hi Sami,

I actually went through the route you have mentioned. My Work permit was expiring and I didn't have any other choice (My wife is in Canada though with a spousal open work permit). Anyway, I applied last month. Didn't get rejected yet. There was even an update in my profile yesterday. I will keep you updated.
What reason did you mention for not accompanying spouse?

Ahmed Hussain

Jan 10, 2018
No, the proof of funds amount depends on the number of dependent’s (spouse and children). It doesn’t matter whether they accompany you or not.
Thanks for the info. Is CRS score varying(increase/decrease) the only difference when spouse not accompanying? They anyways want Medicals and PCC for non accompanying spouse and children.

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Thanks for the info. Is CRS score varying(increase/decrease) the only difference when spouse not accompanying? They anyways want Medicals and PCC for non accompanying spouse and children.
Correct, only CRS would alter between w/ and w/o, I am going through same process, have to do medicals, PCC (not for child) for spouse, child along with POF for 3 persons (in my case)