+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Spousal Visitor VISA

vbollu

May 18, 2019
Hi i applied for my wife whom I am going to marry in the Feb 2020 visitor visa in December 2019. I referred myself as a friend and provided invitation letter and my documents when I applied for her visitor visa.

Now her visitor visa got rejected, when I go to India and after getting married, When i file for my spousal PR what explanation shall I give to support the relationship?
Will their be any issue when I apply for my wife PR through spousal sponsorhip.

Thank you

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
Hi i applied for my wife whom I am going to marry in the Feb 2020 visitor visa in December 2019. I referred myself as a friend and provided invitation letter and my documents when I applied for her visitor visa.

Now her visitor visa got rejected, when I go to India and after getting married, When i file for my spousal PR what explanation shall I give to support the relationship?
Will their be any issue when I apply for my wife PR through spousal sponsorhip.

Thank you
If you are married, you would obviously describe her as your wife and support your claim with a marriage certificate..J don't think there will be a rejection unless there is a solid reason...

But I am just thinking, why wouldn't you describe her as your fiancee in the first place while applying for Visitor visa

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If you are married, you would obviously describe her as your wife and support your claim with a marriage certificate..J don't think there will be a rejection unless there is a solid reason...

But I am just thinking, why wouldn't you describe her as your fiancee in the first place while applying for Visitor visa
It isn't as easy as being married to ensure a PR visa will be issued. First question is why was the TRV refused? The most common reason is that IRCC doesn't believe that the applicant will leave Canada when their alotted time has expired.

As for the marriage helping out the application, what they are really looking for is that the marriage and relationship is genuine, not a marriage of convenience to get the PA to Canada. So plan to have a lot of documentation supporting you relationship in the past. Do a search on here, many threads dealing with the documentation you should provide.