+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding SIN number ( Important )

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Good Evening,

After receiving an approved work permit by mail, I updated my expired Sin number.
Hence, after review of all my documents at Service Canada today, I received an updated Sin Copy.
However the agent at Service Canada forgot to return my old Sin copy. Will it cause any privacy concerns as Sin number is confidential ? So should I go back and collect the old copy tomorrow ?
Thanking you

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You are afraid of Service Canada the agency that gave you your SIN from having your SIN? I doubt they will have your old copy anyway probably shredded already. Just dont share your SIN and other info with strangers and random people that call you and you should be fine.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Good Evening,

After receiving an approved work permit by mail, I updated my expired Sin number.
Hence, after review of all my documents at Service Canada today, I received an updated Sin Copy.
However the agent at Service Canada forgot to return my old Sin copy. Will it cause any privacy concerns as Sin number is confidential ? So should I go back and collect the old copy tomorrow ?
Thanking you
Dont worry at all! Service Canada deals with a lot of things and hence their employees have access to personal and confidential information of millions of people. Your info is safe with them.