+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding request letter for Hong Kong Police Certificate (CNCC)

Shehryar.Khan

Oct 20, 2020
Hi,
1. Yes, I uploaded an LOE alongwith the fees receipt from HKPF for the PCC that I applied for
2. Yes, you have to call the HKPF and ask them about your PCC. They will ask you for a reference number - This number is present on the receipt that they give when you pay them the fees.
Hi EssT,

Could you please guide me on what inputs are needed when uploading LOE + fee receipt from HKPC in IRCC account?

Apparently we need the following:
Document Name
Document Number
Issue Date
Expiry Date

Thanks in advance.

J1ven

Mar 17, 2022
yes I visited the police station and they told me the certificate will be sent to Canada Consulate in Hk (previously they sent to VO in Canada, but they said they are not doing it anymore as Canada informed them to send all police certificates to Canada Consulate in HK)

IRCC also replied me that they received my police certificate
Hi, I'm stuck in the same situation here. IRCC did not give me a request letter with a postal address.

Just to confirm, did you just use the police certificate request message from IRCC (WITHOUT postal address), and the HK police accepted it and sent it to the consulate in HK?

Shehryar.Khan

Oct 20, 2020
Hi, I'm stuck in the same situation here. IRCC did not give me a request letter with a postal address.

Just to confirm, did you just use the police certificate request message from IRCC (WITHOUT postal address), and the HK police accepted it and sent it to the consulate in HK?

As of yesterday this is what HK police told me when I asked why are they sending certificates to Canada Consulate in HK and not to IRCC.

---

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your email.

In order to avoid delay in mailing, we are advise by the Canadian Consulate General, Hong Kong to send all results to them if the CNCC application is initiated by IRCC for onward transmission.
---

So it's safe to assume anything requested by IRCC whether it has an address or not will be sent to Canada Consulate General in HK.

J1ven

Mar 17, 2022
As of yesterday this is what HK police told me when I asked why are they sending certificates to Canada Consulate in HK and not to IRCC.

---

Dear Sir/ Madam,

In order to avoid delay in mailing, we are advise by the Canadian Consulate General, Hong Kong to send all results to them if the CNCC application is initiated by IRCC for onward transmission.
---

So it's safe to assume anything requested by IRCC whether it has an address or not will be sent to Canada Consulate General in HK.
Thank you!

I went to the CNCC office and can confirm that they can send the police certificate to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong if no postal address is given on the request letter.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Thank you!

I went to the CNCC office and can confirm that they can send the police certificate to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong if no postal address is given on the request letter.
Hello! May I know if IRCC had successfully received your CNCC? Cos I applied one for my husband last June, and delivered to the Hong Kong office, however they said they didn't received it, so I ask the HKPF to resend a copy on Nov, but they still saying they dun have it until now.
So I just re-applying one and have it delivered directly to their Sydney office.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013

---

Dear Sir/ Madam,

---

Hi! So can I know if they successfully received your CNCC and uploaded on your file?

J1ven

Mar 17, 2022
Hello! May I know if IRCC had successfully received your CNCC? Cos I applied one for my husband last June, and delivered to the Hong Kong office, however they said they didn't received it, so I ask the HKPF to resend a copy on Nov, but they still saying they dun have it until now.
So I just re-applying one and have it delivered directly to their Sydney office.
In my case, it's too early to tell. It's only been 2 weeks since I submitted the CNCC application and it takes up to 4 weeks for HKPF to send out the CNCC.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
In my case, it's too early to tell. It's only been 2 weeks since I submitted the CNCC application and it takes up to 4 weeks for HKPF to send out the CNCC.
Thanks!! Hopefully it goes well! would you please keep us update if you hear anything from them?

J1ven

Mar 17, 2022
Hi @J1ven, do you have any updates?
Not much, I'm afraid.

According to the tracking, the CNCC was delivered to the HK Canadian Consulate on 7 April.

I tried calling the consulate on 14/4 to check if they had forwarded the CNCC to IRCC, but the lady on the phone was very unfriendly and refuse to tell me whether they had received and/or forwarded the CNCC to IRCC. She said I had to check with IRCC directly.

So I sent a webform to IRCC on 14/4, but I still haven't received any reply yet.

J1ven

Mar 17, 2022
Update:

3/5: Received an automated reply "We got your document. Thank you!".
10/5: Ghost update
11/5: Received webform reply confirming that the police certificate was received by the responsible office.
(This was actually a reply to the webform inquiry I sent earlier on 17/3 regarding the PCC request letter not having a postal address.)

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Chung Man Wu

JP_CAN

Apr 27, 2022
Update:

3/5: Received an automated reply "We got your document. Thank you!".
10/5: Ghost update
11/5: Received webform reply confirming that the police certificate was received by the responsible office.
(This was actually a reply to the webform inquiry I sent earlier on 17/3 regarding the PCC request letter not having a postal address.)

Hope this helps.
I applied for my CNCC from Canada and the docs were submitted on March 28, 2022. The certificate was shipped from the HKPF office on April 13, 2022 to the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong. I just got a response from my WebForm submitted on May 6 that my CNCC certificate was received on May 13. I'm so relieved and this new process works!

Natty/@

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I applied for my CNCC from Canada and the docs were submitted on March 28, 2022. The certificate was shipped from the HKPF office on April 13, 2022 to the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong. I just got a response from my WebForm submitted on May 6 that my CNCC certificate was received on May 13. I'm so relieved and this new process works!
Hi, thanks a lot for so useful information! I try to order CNCC now. Tell me, please, did you send to HKPF the IRCC request letter with a specified mailing address or without? Also, maybe, you know how I can pay a fee for CNCC if I am in Canada currently and don't have any friends in Hong Kong who can pay this fee in HKD? Will be very grateful for any advice!

journeyman19

Jun 28, 2022
Hi All,
I am still awaiting the request letter from IRCC for Police Certificate. Any idea on when IRCC issues this request letter? I have completed my Biometrics and Medical assessment