+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding request letter for Hong Kong Police Certificate (CNCC)

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Thank you so much for your detailed advice. well I received my AOR on 23 August. I guess I will need to book an appointment first. You meant that MEP BIL and PCC request would happen one after another?

By the way, does that mean all of my documents are ok and my eligibility passed if they send me a PCC request?
For me, MEP, BIL, PCC request all came at the same time. I believe that means eligibility passed, and you are not missing any other documents other than those they just requested.

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Sorry I forgot that you have not yet submit your application. My AOR was July 10.
My advice, when you submitted your application and got AOR, wait around 25 days, and then go to HKPF website to make an appointment for around 30 days later, as they do not take walk-in now. MEP, BIL, and PCC request usually come around 50-55 days after AOR nowadays, and HKPF always full booked as well. Try to make appointment at 12AM as they said the system refreshes at that time.
Thank you so much for this info! Didn't know we need to book appointment 30 days ahead of time....my AOR is August 25, waiting for IRCC request letter as well.

@aNDyaSs regarding the HKPF online booking system, should the representative fill in their own information to make appointment? No need to mention my info (applicant who is outside HK) at all, right? Thanks in advance!

Another related question about biometrics, did you mail the ink fingerprints or printed live scan fingerprints? Can I send multiple copies of fingerprints altogether in case any of them is not legible? Also, does fingerprint have to be taken by Police/Law Enforcement/Consulate? Is HKPF very strict on this? Can I have them taken in a court? I heard some China mainlanders even use "Forensic Center of Public Security" to have their fingerprint taken and get their HK PCC, is that OK?

Last edited:

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Thank you so much for this info! Didn't know we need to book appointment 30 days ahead of time....my AOR is August 25, waiting for IRCC request letter as well.

@aNDyaSs regarding the HKPF online booking system, should the representative fill in their own information to make appointment? No need to mention my info (applicant who is outside HK) at all, right? Thanks in advance!

Another related question about biometrics, did you mail the ink fingerprints or printed live scan fingerprints? Can I send multiple copies of fingerprints altogether in case any of them is not legible? Also, does fingerprint have to be taken by Police/Law Enforcement/Consulate? Is HKPF very strict on this? Can I have them taken in a court? I heard some China mainlanders even use "Forensic Center of Public Security" to have their fingerprint taken and get their HK PCC, is that OK?
I suggest you call HK police, tell them your country of residency and ask exactly what kinds of fingerprints are valid from this country because HK police's requirements vary from country to country. For example, if you live in China, you'll have your fingerprint collected at a notary office and if you live in the US, FBI does the job.

Reactions: NicoHughes

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Thank you so much for your detailed advice. well I received my AOR on 23 August. I guess I will need to book an appointment first. You meant that MEP BIL and PCC request would happen one after another?

By the way, does that mean all of my documents are ok and my eligibility passed if they send me a PCC request?
It only means your medical and completeness passed if they send you a HK PCC request letter, eligibility check will happen at a much later stage.

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
It only means your medical and completeness passed if they send you a HK PCC request letter, eligibility check will happen at a much later stage.
thanks for your reply. because i was going to provide a missing passport stamp that i forgot to scan. I was so scared that the document would not be forwarded in time. (before the review starts) I hope this is just a minor issue ...sleepless nights

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
thanks for your reply. because i was going to provide a missing passport stamp that i forgot to scan. I was so scared that the document would not be forwarded in time. (before the review starts) I hope this is just a minor issue ...sleepless nights
You better make a post in this forum asking for some expert opinion before sending that web form for your missing passport page.

Since you are already after AOR, proactively submitting any additional document will only create confusion for VO and delay processing time. In the worst case, some case agents who receive your web form might mistakenly think you miss an essential part of application documents and mark your case as incomplete then reject you.

Missing a passport page is not a deal breaker leading to application refusal, since some people lost their old passports and visa stamp pages, etc. Hear more opinions on how to handle this before trying to resolve it on your own.

By the way, my AOR is August 25 and I am waiting for my HK PCC request letter as well.

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
You better make a post in this forum asking for some expert opinion before sending that web form for your missing passport page.

Since you are already after AOR, proactively submitting any additional document will only create confusion for VO and delay processing time. In the worst case, some case agents who receive your web form might mistakenly think you miss an essential part of application documents and mark your case as incomplete then reject you.

Missing a passport page is not a deal breaker leading to application refusal, since some people lost their old passports and visa stamp pages, etc. Hear more opinions on how to handle this before trying to resolve it on your own.

By the way, my AOR is August 25 and I am waiting for my HK PCC request letter as well.
in fact i have already started a post and asking for opinion. i looked all over the forum but couldnt find a similar case
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/forgot-to-include-one-stamp-page-for-my-application.700988/#post-8827587

but i have already sent a webform for that. now i am so worried that it would cause confusion like you said.............. just a day before i also called IRCC and the agent told me to send an enquiry through webform for that..............

Last edited:

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
@aNDyaSs I have another quick question about how HKPF determines if the fingerprints sent by you are readable, scannable and acceptable? Will HKPF staff members live scan fingerprints submitted when you apply in person to check its quality? Otherwise how would applicants know if their fingerprints can be scanned and used by HKPF?

For examples, for US PCC from FBI, the quality standard of fingerprints is very high and FBI rejects any non-legible fingerprints.

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
@aNDyaSs I have another quick question about how HKPF determines if the fingerprints sent by you are readable, scannable and acceptable? Will HKPF staff members live scan fingerprints submitted when you apply in person to check its quality? Otherwise how would applicants know if their fingerprints can be scanned and used by HKPF?

For examples, for US PCC from FBI, the quality standard of fingerprints is very high and FBI rejects any non-legible fingerprints.
Sorry I am not sure. I did it in person.

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
RE HKPF's req. :

I'm in the same boat and would need the HK police cert. I'm currently residing in the US and all the PDs near me had their fingerprinting service closed until further notice. There are open 3rd party agencies but from what I read on HKPF's website, they will ONLY take the fingerprints from law enforcement / consulate.

I emailed them re that clause and they confirmed it can't be from any third party agency even with the PD's reference / accreditation / etc. So I can only hope our state eases the lockdown level soon.

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
RE HKPF's req. :

I'm in the same boat and would need the HK police cert. I'm currently residing in the US and all the PDs near me had their fingerprinting service closed until further notice. There are open 3rd party agencies but from what I read on HKPF's website, they will ONLY take the fingerprints from law enforcement / consulate.

I emailed them re that clause and they confirmed it can't be from any third party agency even with the PD's reference / accreditation / etc. So I can only hope our state eases the lockdown level soon.

Hi, I've sent you a private message, I'm in US applying for a HK PCC too.

Reactions: za_skrub

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Sorry I am not sure. I did it in person.
Still thank you for your reply.

Another quick question, the HKPF website mentions

deposit their application into the drop-in box provided at the First Floor of the Arsenal House
Do you know if I can ask a HK representative to leave my application in the drop-in box? Will this way still work? And will they still give receipt immediately if I use this method? I'm asking because that HKPF appointment system requires a 30 day in advance booking.

seraphzhou

Apr 8, 2020
Hi,
1. Yes, I uploaded an LOE alongwith the fees receipt from HKPF for the PCC that I applied for
2. Yes, you have to call the HKPF and ask them about your PCC. They will ask you for a reference number - This number is present on the receipt that they give when you pay them the fees.
Hi EssT, could you please tell how did you order the courier service of Fedex from HK to Canada? Did you do everything online or call HK Fedex to arrange pickup? I got an email from HKPF that my CNCC is ready to courier, and they need waybill, is there any shipping label or barcode needed for pickup? Many thanks!!!

Reactions: NicoHughes

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Hi EssT, could you please tell how did you order the courier service of Fedex from HK to Canada? Did you do everything online or call HK Fedex to arrange pickup? I got an email from HKPF that my CNCC is ready to courier, and they need waybill, is there any shipping label or barcode needed for pickup? Many thanks!!!
Are you applying from inside or outside HK? How long after application did you hear from HKPF that your CNCC is ready? Thx!