+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Reference Letter.. URGENT!

Alxcalways

Apr 1, 2021
Hi everyone, I just received my ITA a few days ago, and I'm putting my documents together. I am claiming points for my current job in Canada and a previous job in Taiwan in which I worked for three years with around 40-50 hours per week. I emailed the HR of my old company today but they refused to put the hours worked per week on the reference letter for me, saying it's against company policy and against Taiwanese law to disclose people's work hours in an employment letter. The best they could do is to put a "full time employee" on the letter for me.
That job was from four years ago, and I don't have any formal contract or anything back then that states my weekly hour. I'm wondering what else can I provide for CIC to show that I really did work all those hours there?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone, I just received my ITA a few days ago, and I'm putting my documents together. I am claiming points for my current job in Canada and a previous job in Taiwan in which I worked for three years with around 40-50 hours per week. I emailed the HR of my old company today but they refused to put the hours worked per week on the reference letter for me, saying it's against company policy and against Taiwanese law to disclose people's work hours in an employment letter. The best they could do is to put a "full time employee" on the letter for me.
That job was from four years ago, and I don't have any formal contract or anything back then that states my weekly hour. I'm wondering what else can I provide for CIC to show that I really did work all those hours there?
It seems complicated a bit.
However, take a screen shot of the correspondence.
Accept the reference letter they send. Which states your full time work.
Try to Google the company and screen shot their opening hours.
And finally explain it all in a LOE

I hope my humble suggestion would help

Alxcalways

Apr 1, 2021
It seems complicated a bit.
However, take a screen shot of the correspondence.
Accept the reference letter they send. Which states your full time work.
Try to Google the company and screen shot their opening hours.
And finally explain it all in a LOE

I hope my humble suggestion would help
Thank you for your reply. I have attempted once again to have them modify my reference letter so include a range of hours but I think they are getting frustrated with me, they gave a reply that a monthly salary already means I was working the full 40 hours work week, and doesn't understand why that is a problem. I am wondering if I can get my old colleague who is still working there write a reference for me stating my range of work hours, would that work to prove my hours?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I have attempted once again to have them modify my reference letter so include a range of hours but I think they are getting frustrated with me, they gave a reply that a monthly salary already means I was working the full 40 hours work week, and doesn't understand why that is a problem. I am wondering if I can get my old colleague who is still working there write a reference for me stating my range of work hours, would that work to prove my hours?
A reference letter shall be endorsed by immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company.
Other staff members probably will be rejected however at least hope get whatever evidence you can, most importantly the company response that they denied to comply with the desired criteria.