+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding proof of funds for masters in canada

Sep 21, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello folks,

I have a question regarding application of masters in Canada, I want to apply for Masters but I have personal loans on my name in my home country. can i still apply and pay the upfront fee of 1 year to the college for the visa approval of SDS?

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Why not ? You can apply with loan . But make sure you have enough cash in your name/bank account. 30k$ may be enough + loan . Remember, funds is not the only requirement to get study permit. Should show strong economic/family/asset ties to your home country. Convince visa officer why the program is relevant to your future career goals and the reasons for applying for such program other than those programs in your home country colleges.

Sep 21, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for the reply Kwaame, My question is specific to POF. I don’t have 30k$ balance in my account. my plan is to pay the GIC by myself and pay the first year fee with education loan. and i dont have the balance for 2nd year fee right now. will that create an issue. How should I show my POFs in this case?

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
If you are applying via SDS all you need to do is to pay first year tuition and open a GIC account with 10k CAD. No other proof of fund required.
You will still have to meet other criterion like ties to home and academic credentials

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply Kwaame, My question is specific to POF. I don’t have 30k$ balance in my account. my plan is to pay the GIC by myself and pay the first year fee with education loan. and i dont have the balance for 2nd year fee right now. will that create an issue. How should I show my POFs in this case?
You also can’t expect to make enough money working part-time to cover the cost of tuition and living expenses.