+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding passport requests for applications from India

Abhishek1991

Sep 7, 2020
I have applied for work permit (LMIA exempt NOC 4011) on March 10th 2020,. The medicals got approved on July and got the biometrics correspondence on August. As per GCMS notes, the application is approved but I have not received the passport request letter despite the letter from employer. I would like to know if there is anyone from India who has applied for work permit around this time, and have not received the passport request letter. I heard that the selection of applications for passport requests are "random", but is it truly the case?

Arjun2304

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I have applied for work permit (LMIA exempt NOC 4011) on March 10th 2020,. The medicals got approved on July and got the biometrics correspondence on August. As per GCMS notes, the application is approved but I have not received the passport request letter despite the letter from employer. I would like to know if there is anyone from India who has applied for work permit around this time, and have not received the passport request letter. I heard that the selection of applications for passport requests are "random", but is it truly the case?
I have also same timeline and didn't received PPR ,don't what basis they are sending PPR

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
I am not from India but I am exactly in the same situation as you. I applied in February and got Correspondence on August 5th. GCMS notes say approved but three months later, I am still waiting for PPR while others that applied after me are receiving PPR. It's a messed up system.

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
Yes, there are people in this situation. @VimRawat is also facing this.

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
I am not from India but I am exactly in the same situation as you. I applied in February and got Correspondence on August 5th. GCMS notes say approved but three months later, I am still waiting for PPR while others that applied after me are receiving PPR. It's a messed up system.
Damn horrible system. They are doing permutations and combination and then sending in the PPR I guess. Did you raise WebForm to them regarding PPR?

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Damn horrible system. They are doing permutations and combination and then sending in the PPR I guess. Did you raise WebForm to them regarding PPR?
Hello Everyone, I am the principal applicant for my WP along with accompanying family members. My wife, however, got passport request this morning as an email from the High Commission. I checked my CIC account and it is still showing eligibility. Also, my GCMS notes show approved. Has anyone ever encountered this?

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello Everyone, I am the principal applicant for my WP along with accompanying family members. My wife, however, got passport request this morning as an email from the High Commission. I checked my CIC account and it is still showing eligibility. Also, my GCMS notes show approved. Has anyone ever encountered this?
My case is exactly similar to yours. My spouse would be accompanying me with OWP but I haven't received anything for her as well. I believe since your spouse has received it so you will surely receive it by the end of this week or early next week.

I was discussing my case with my attorney few days back and she mentioned there are many cases wherein either the primary applicant or spouse received the PPR and the other one received it in the same week or a gap of within a week. So for you the good news will come soon.
BTW what is the category of your work permit?

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
My case is exactly similar to yours. My spouse would be accompanying me with OWP but I haven't received anything for her as well. I believe since your spouse has received it so you will surely receive it by the end of this week or early next week.

I was discussing my case with my attorney few days back and she mentioned there are many cases wherein either the primary applicant or spouse received the PPR and the other one received it in the same week or a gap of within a week. So for you the good news will come soon.
They actually asked her to send every one along with hers.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
They actually asked her to send every one along with hers.
This is what they wrote:

This refers to your application for a Work Permit to Canada and your accompanying family members.

Kindly submit the following by courier:

 Your passport with at least 6 months validity.

 A pre-paid courier envelope to enable us return your passport

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019

It is a closed work permit. GSS/GTS NOC 2173

canada1988

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
From my observation, they are sending PPR by approval date order (which is nothing but the day we received BVL letter)

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
From my observation, they are sending PPR by approval date order (which is nothing but the day we received BVL letter)
Can you please elaborate more on this?

in India, I am seeing applicants from Feb- March month randomly receiving PPR now.

Their BVL receiving date around July and August.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Have you received any updates? yes it seems its random basis applicants are getting PPR.