+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Occupation field in EE

Jun 20, 2017
First of all, I did post graduation in Information technology. I have my 3 years work permit. Since a year, I am working in Food Industry as a Cook ( NOC 6322 ), which falls in skilled B category. I have my IELTS score 7.5 in my hand. I have started making my EE profile, but one question is giving me trouble.

In Express Entry Profile, when I came on the page where I need to fill regarding occupation, They asked, When I became qualified to practice in this occupation? What should I write in this field? Is it necessary to have study or certification of cook? As I don't have any certification or study related to cook ( NOC 6322 ). Am I eligible to create and submit my profile? Will it be trouble for me while processing EE?

I really need a help if someone has any idea about it.
Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is like déjà vu.

1 - Choose your starting date as the date you became qualified.
2 - No, you do not need to have studies as a cook.
3 - Whether you're eligible that depends if you fulfill all program requirements.

maryberry

Nov 16, 2017
This is like déjà vu.

1 - Choose your starting date as the date you became qualified.
2 - No, you do not need to have studies as a cook.
3 - Whether you're eligible that depends if you fulfill all program requirements.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
If qualified under FSW, I wouldn't need certifications from the province right? BUT If I qualify for FTW, I would need the certifications?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please correct me if I'm wrong...
If qualified under FSW, I wouldn't need certifications from the province right? BUT If I qualify for FTW, I would need the certifications?
Not necessarly, if you have a valid job offer you wouldn't need a certification to qualify under the FST program.

maryberry

Nov 16, 2017
Not necessarly, if you have a valid job offer you wouldn't need a certification to qualify under the FST program.
Okay, thanks! So just to clarify, for FSW I would NOT need any certifications? I can put graduation date from culinary school as start date?

Jun 20, 2017
As I've got my invitation and my passport request, I can say we don't need any certification or any study in any field to be invited for permanent residency in EE program.