+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding NOC 4131 College and Other Vocational Instructors

v.kumar

Sep 27, 2009
hi,

I have a 2.4 years of experience as a lecturer in an institute.

I have done b-tech. in computers & teaches the subjects based on hardware/software.

My institute provides industrial training to the students.

But it is approved from the government i.e it does not provide any degree or certification to the students.

Can i apply in the NOC 4131 ?

I am doing all the responsibilities which comes under NOC 4131 category. but my institute is not affiliated or approved from government.

Kindly tell.

Thanks.

strong

Aug 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi vkumar
you are eligible for NOC 4131, just go for it and do not worry, sent your application ASAP.
good luck

v.kumar

Sep 27, 2009
v.kumar said:
hi,

I have a 2.4 years of experience as a lecturer in an institute.

I have done b-tech. in computers & teaches the subjects based on hardware/software.

My institute provides industrial training to the students.

But it is approved from the government i.e it does not provide any degree or certification to the students.

Can i apply in the NOC 4131 ?

I am doing all the responsibilities which comes under NOC 4131 category. but my institute is not affiliated or approved from government.

Kindly tell.

Thanks.

irfan_meman

Aug 31, 2009
HI VIJAY

OUR CASE ARE SAME, I M ALSO COMPUTER TRAINER AND APPLYING UNDER NOC-4131. I HAVE 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN COMPUTER TEACHING. YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. PLEASE SEND ME PERSONAL MAIL REGARDING DETAIL AND APPLICATION PROCESS.....

irfan_meman@yahoo.com

THANK YOU.......

sagara

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
I also applied under 4131 and waiting for the medical stage. I can share my experience with you mail me to sagsam231@yahoo.com

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Guys,

Let's say within the last 10yrs,

I was a College Instructor - 1 yr (in the 38 lists)
Now, a Satellite engineer - 4 yrs (not in the 38 but under skill level A/B)

Can i still claim max of 21 points?

I might re-apply...

All the best!

toaamir

Aug 20, 2009
I have done my Master in Economics followed by one year Master in Applied Sciences & working as a Production Planning Manager in a reputed private knitwear firm for the last 5 years.

My Qualifying Marks are as:-

1 Education 25 (Master in Applied Economics /17 Years Education)
2 Language Ability 8 (Easily Achievable by getting 5 in each section.)
3 Work Experience 21 (Both Electrician & PPC Manager Experience 5 year)
4 Age 10
5 Arranged Employment 0
6 Adaptability 5 (Wife edu MA ENG +1 year Diploma TEFL= 17 Years Edu) English Lecturer / Now Voice Principal of well reputed private English Medium Middle School.
Total Score 69

I have also been working as a Electrician for the last 8 years.
But all the education achieved just by reading from different privately available books & working at Local workshopS near home town business Centre during summer camps throughout my life.

As my profession 0911 is not available in 38 MOST DEMANDING PROFESSIONS so
now my question is can I applied as a Electrician as this profession is available in 38 MOST DEMANDING PROFESSIONS?
If so then Is there any relevant degree / diploma required against Work Experience?

If so then What?

Because by reading Economics one cannot become Electrician?

Pls also advice Can a College English Language Lecturer (My Wife) applied against College and Other "Vocational" Instructors (NOC# 4131)?

On the other my wife have switched from English College Language Lecturer to Voice Principal of well reputed private English Medium Middle School near home.

In my opinion they need technical persons as shown from the word "Vocational", Need your advise regarding the profession if it is available in the 38 high demand occupations or the list of 38 occupations.

Because I am only searching the occupation in demand to make sure the visa on the other hand both me & my wife got the same 69 marks even if anyone got 5-5.5 marks in IELTS. So my questions are

1- does Electrician Experience Vs Education Requirements for applying to Canada matter?
2-English Lecturer profession is available in the 38 high demand occupations or not? Or Only lecturer at Vocational institute is available in The 38 high demand occupations?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi,
i think u r wife's profession s included in the list of 38, actually the job title does not matter, see if her job duties match with the NOC code, then its ok no matter whts the job title.But she shd have atleast one year of experience for tht specific NOC before applying.

Good Luck

spur230

Mar 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Passport Req..
27-12-2010
plan2012 said:
Guys,

Let's say within the last 10yrs,

I was a College Instructor - 1 yr (in the 38 lists)
Now, a Satellite engineer - 4 yrs (not in the 38 but under skill level A/B)

Can i still claim max of 21 points?

I might re-apply...

All the best!
I think you can as long as the experience is in skill level 0 A/B .