+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding my decision letter

stonecold39

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys i have check in the web site it says they already send the decision on may 6th that's what web sites says when i check my status. until now i didn't get the letter yet i call my immigration lawyer he says nothing
is that letter goes to directly lawyer ? that what he told me before cic will communicate with him first since he is my representative.

or it will goes to my wife address ?

if i ask my wife to call cic directly does they give her the decision that she is been approved or not ?

thanks guys help me i really appreciate you all

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Hi dear,

Is it your first approval letter your talking about? if so, you will get it only.

stonecold39

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes it is first approve... but who get it ? also they already says they posted on 6th today is19.th hope some one will answer for my other questions :( too

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Well, I recently got my first approval too made on the 12 of May, and I didn't receive it until the 17th.. I guess, just give it sometime.. If you don't get it by the end of this week, you should definitely call them on Monday.

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
Yes, if you have lawyer so he's Ur representative and any email latter or if they have to contact they will do with him 1st.
No worries

stonecold39

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i see.... but who receive this letter representative ? does they says my wife approved or not when she call there??

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
when did you send the original application in? if it was about a month or so ago, this decision is if you are approved as a sponsor (assuming you are sponsoring your wife)... it will go to the sponsor unless they have directed mail to go to another individual... if you call the call centre and tell them you haven't received the letter, quite often they will tell you the contents.. if there is any notation that the file has been transfered, then it means you have been approved and the real wait begins..

if this is more than a couple months ago and you've already been approved to sponsor, your wife (the applicant) should get a passport request if the decision was positive... the way they do this varies from office to office (some mail, some call, some email)...

stonecold39

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i send it last December but coz of missing papers they was send me twice all document. then next time they received it 6th of this month and they made the decision on same day says send it to my wife. on 6th

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
i'm assuming that you are sponsoring your wife?

if so and it sounds like you finally got your paperwork in order and this letter will confirm whether or not you have been approved to do so (sponsor her)...

if you have been approved as a sponsor, the application will now be sent to the processing office that handles applications from your country... if you have not, the letter will advise this...

it likely has nothing to do with her approval... that stage is what you are entering into if you've been approved...

lands

Jan 28, 2010
Sometimes there can be delays with mail..however if you have a representative..I think the first communication will be to the lawyer..

it will take atleast a week or two before you see any more updates on ecas(i.e "In process")

Your wife has the right to call the call center and ask for the contents of the letter. It takes 10-12 days for mail..if you live out in the west part of Canada (i.e Van, Calgary etc)

Since it is SL..you will not get a passport request before an interview..you will be called for an interview and you will be required to have your passport with you..but knowing the timelines in SL..this is months away......

For now..you need to have your wife call the cic and ask them what the decision is..? If she or the lawyer does not get a letter in another week or say..they will need to call CIC call center to request another....or a copy..the letter is the only proof you will have confirming that you(Your wife in this case) have been approved as a sponsor...

Hope this helps...

stonecold39

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lands said:
Sometimes there can be delays with mail..however if you have a representative..I think the first communication will be to the lawyer..

it will take atleast a week or two before you see any more updates on ecas(i.e "In process")

Your wife has the right to call the call center and ask for the contents of the letter. It takes 10-12 days for mail..if you live out in the west part of Canada (i.e Van, Calgary etc)

Since it is SL..you will not get a passport request before an interview..you will be called for an interview and you will be required to have your passport with you..but knowing the timelines in SL..this is months away......

For now..you need to have your wife call the cic and ask them what the decision is..? If she or the lawyer does not get a letter in another week or say..they will need to call CIC call center to request another....or a copy..the letter is the only proof you will have confirming that you(Your wife in this case) have been approved as a sponsor...

Hope this helps...
hey Lands awesome you answer is perfect me all the times ..i understand now.. i will ask her to call the cic .and ask. the web sites says they sent it on 6th of this month..now it 10 days past 2 any ways my wife check her mails again tomorrow and post office. she lives in
moosonee ontario the lawyer is in Vancouver.i will keep you updated .. i will rate you... thanks a lot.... probably they didn't posted the letter on the same date..