+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding My 2 young daughters citizenship Application:this is 2nd time applying

Jacy105

Dec 4, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I just registered today,

I am a divorced single mom from Canada with two girls, I have custody of my children when I left the U.S.

I need some answers about how to get My US born children their Canadian Citizenship certificate. The first time I applied my children were 1, and 4years we waited 1 year for a answer and to have the application sent back because we filled out the wrong form. So we had to wait to start the whole process again, by this time my girls are 2 and 5 we had the form sent out after August when my youngest turned 3. In September i received the letter from CIC to sat they received it and so we waited some more than today Dec. 4 th and I received a letter about the birth certificate.

I will quote some lines:

Birth Certificate(from kids)
' Send us a clear and legible certified true copy of birth certificate showing parent/child relationship'
Hospital birth certificate not accepted?? (My kids were born in a small town hospital) what kind do they need?
I can't go and ask them I live in Canada now, and The kids were born in N.C. It's not like every day that people would go to do this stuff in a small town.

I had the documents certified by a doctor, but maybe it's not accepted they included a notary republic, justice of the peace and commissioner of oath. Documents must be clear and legible true copies.

Canadian citizenship - mother

Send a clear certified copy of mothers Canadian birth certificate.

In terms of my kids birth certificate what do they mean by showing parent/child relationship?? Makes no sense.

I will be happy to clarify some more, if someone can help me clear this up. Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jacy105 said:
Hi Everyone,

I just registered today,

I am a divorced single mom from Canada with two girls, I have custody of my children when I left the U.S.

I need some answers about how to get My US born children their Canadian Citizenship certificate. The first time I applied my children were 1, and 4years we waited 1 year for a answer and to have the application sent back because we filled out the wrong form. So we had to wait to start the whole process again, by this time my girls are 2 and 5 we had the form sent out after August when my youngest turned 3. In September i received the letter from CIC to sat they received it and so we waited some more than today Dec. 4 th and I received a letter about the birth certificate.

I will quote some lines:

Birth Certificate(from kids)
' Send us a clear and legible certified true copy of birth certificate showing parent/child relationship'
Hospital birth certificate not accepted?? (My kids were born in a small town hospital) what kind do they need?
I can't go and ask them I live in Canada now, and The kids were born in N.C. It's not like every day that people would go to do this stuff in a small town.

I had the documents certified by a doctor, but maybe it's not accepted they included a notary republic, justice of the peace and commissioner of oath. Documents must be clear and legible true copies.

Canadian citizenship - mother

Send a clear certified copy of mothers Canadian birth certificate.

In terms of my kids birth certificate what do they mean by showing parent/child relationship?? Makes no sense.

I will be happy to clarify some more, if someone can help me clear this up. Thanks!
1. It would be better if you just posted once and kept all your questions in the same post.
2. You order a long form birth certificate from North Carolina http://vitalrecords.nc.gov/order.htm

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your child's name and your name should be on the birth certificate, it should indicate that the child is born to you, that's what they mean by (showing parent/child relationship).

janoo

May 16, 2014
My children are also born in USA, I got the certificate from local library. birth registration
office also provide you the certificate which is acceptable in Canada immigration, you must
have that certificate when you have applied for your children passport in USA,
try to make some efforts and NC is not far away matter of few hours trip and get if not
than apply and make some arrangements they can send you by couriers ..

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
My children are also born in USA, I got the certificate from local library. birth registration
office also provide you the certificate which is acceptable in Canada immigration, you must
have that certificate when you have applied for your children passport in USA,
try to make some efforts and NC is not far away matter of few hours trip and get if not
than apply and make some arrangements they can send you by couriers ..
No need to visit North Carolina to get an official birth certificate. Order it from the state here: http://vitalrecords.nc.gov/order.htm OR from VitalChek (faster, but more expensive) here: https://www.vitalchek.com/birth-certificates/north-carolina

As others have said, you need an official certificate (not a hospital registration) that gives the name of the child and her parents. You also need to send an original (or certified copy) of your Canadian birth certificate.

Jacy105

Dec 4, 2015
Well both of them were born in Elizabethtown,N.C. Do you think they still keep records of children born there 6 years ago? I don't talk to my Ex, but I called his Step father and I ask him to see if he can ask the courthouse.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jacy105 said:
Well both of them were born in Elizabethtown,N.C. Do you think they still keep records of children born there 6 years ago? I don't talk to my Ex, but I called his Step father and I ask him to see if he can ask the courthouse.

Thanks.
1. Apply to vital statistics, as per a previous post, or are you just playing around?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jacy105 said:
Thanks.
Yes, they will keep all records of children born in N.C. or any other states in US for that matter. Vitalchek website as posted earlier will send the proper birth certificate according to states. I ordered my children's US birth certificates with vitalchek and had no issues.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jacy105 said:
Thanks.
You can also order the certificates from Bladen County, where Elizabethtown is located: https://bladenrod.permitium.com/rod Ordering from the county actually costs less: just US$10.