+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Medicals - tested syphilis positive

Catlady 303

Feb 6, 2023
Is there a problem if you have a disease such as herpes or hiv? Will they not admit you? This is the first time I have heard of this.

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Hello
I am also concerned by this syphillis exam too. I jad no idea I have it but discovered it when I did the first test early february.
my VDRLwas negative but TPHA positive.
Then I did another test 30 days after with IgM to see if it s recent or no. Negative and so the VDRL too.
But IRCC asked to do another test 6 weeks after, early May 2023. And now i seeTPHA positive and VDRL positive (<1/2).
I thonk they will ask for a treatment just to make sure but is there another blood test to do after to validate my medicals or not ? Cause according to a doctor, my rates are very low and Syphillis is sleeping because more than 10 years .....

if anyone can help me on this. That could be great.
Thanks a lot

Lahei

Jul 29, 2023
Hello
I am also concerned by this syphillis exam too. I jad no idea I have it but discovered it when I did the first test early february.
my VDRLwas negative but TPHA positive.
Then I did another test 30 days after with IgM to see if it s recent or no. Negative and so the VDRL too.
But IRCC asked to do another test 6 weeks after, early May 2023. And now i seeTPHA positive and VDRL positive (<1/2).
I thonk they will ask for a treatment just to make sure but is there another blood test to do after to validate my medicals or not ? Cause according to a doctor, my rates are very low and Syphillis is sleeping because more than 10 years .....

if anyone can help me on this. That could be great.
Thanks a lot
Hi
Does that PR medical exam test TPHA in the first place?
I didn't get asked anything about medical exam. Does that mean both my VDRL and TPHA are negative?
Thanks/

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Hi
Does that PR medical exam test TPHA in the first place?
I didn't get asked anything about medical exam. Does that mean both my VDRL and TPHA are negative?
Thanks/
hello. Yep for the medical exam there is a blood test for syphillis. So they are testing TPHA and VDRL. if you pass the medical exam, it means you are ok

Lahei

Jul 29, 2023
hello. Yep for the medical exam there is a blood test for syphillis. So they are testing TPHA and VDRL. if you pass the medical exam, it means you are ok
Thanks a lot.
Excuse me for asking again. I'm really disturbed.
So the Canada PR medical exam does test for TPHA?
As you are informed of TPHA being positive despite your VDRL/RPR being negative.

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Hello. Yes the medical exam includes a blood analysis to test syphillis. And to test syphillis, they will analyse TPHA and VDRL. If one of those 2 is positive, they will ask aditionnal infos. They will ask other blood analysis later (1 month) to check if it is a recent or old syphillis

MJ22

Aug 23, 2022
MEDICAL PASS ALREADY
AOR/MEDICAL PASS -DEC 09 2022
Hi Arnold,
I stumbled upon your message when checking on the similar topic. I got the medical request in Dec 2023 and did the test of 21st. The Rpr test showed reactive and the TPHA came negative. Ircc requested to redo the test again on Jan 2nd and I re-took the test after 4 weeks and the result is the same. Am confused how to look at it. Will this make a delay in the PR process. With you experience can you share your comment.

Rai26

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi Arnold,
I stumbled upon your message when checking on the similar topic. I got the medical request in Dec 2023 and did the test of 21st. The Rpr test showed reactive and the TPHA came negative. Ircc requested to redo the test again on Jan 2nd and I re-took the test after 4 weeks and the result is the same. Am confused how to look at it. Will this make a delay in the PR process. With you experience can you share your comment.
Did u get portal?? Or medical passed?