+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding medical examination

hi123

Jun 23, 2015
Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing fine.
I am 24, and am here as I found a solution to a lot of issues I was facing in applying for a post graduation degree in a Canadian college. I have now received the offer letter and am done with the fee and GIC part, however am still waiting for the confirmation receipt. My consultant asked me to go through the medical examination as we have to apply for the student visa after a week of the examination. To be on a safer side I underwent a blood test, which showed that my cholesterol level is on a higher side and if that's not the only issue I also got to know that the uric acid is also behaving abnormally. I consulted a doctor who said that's not an issue and I can get the levels under control by controlling diet and running (and by avoiding beer ;D) in a few months. But I have to undergo this medical examination this week and I am not sure whether the cholesterol may lead to a rejection. I am sure experienced people here will let me know about it.

Thanks in advance.

vitalman

May 31, 2013
Certain diseases which may be contagious or harmful for the masses in Canada will only hinder in the application process etc tuberculosis. So dont worry

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Of course not an issue...

You will undergo during medical examination:

1.- Physical examination... including blood pressure and body max index calculation....
2.- Blood test for Syphilis and HIV (both STDs)
3.- Chest X ray (for Tuberculosis screening)
4.- Urine dip stick Examination (to rule out presence of proteins.... which means to rule out Kidney damage)
5.- If you use glasses bring them with you.... You will be asked to see letters on Snellen Chart...
6.- Doctor will also ask you questions regarding you medical history....

thats it.... anything else doesnt matter at all unless you tell them so avoid any comments

hi123

Jun 23, 2015
I am really grateful for all the comments. Thanks a ton people. an yes I will not say a word extra than required ;D ;D
One more thing, do I need to avoid smoking for a couple of days, will it be of some help or will it further complicate things.