+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding job as doctor or doctor assistant

Rashmi shree

Jun 19, 2020
Helo everyone ..iam a IMG holding PR..my husband is a PR holder..I completed my MD psychiatry in India..and I have experience as a consultant in India in civil hospital, government of India..are there any jobs I can do in Canada..or do we need to do residency compulsorily to work as doctor or doctor assistant..kindly reply ..thanks in advance

Rashmi shree

Jun 19, 2020

drajay

Oct 8, 2015
As others have already mentioned, it is very challenging for a person with a medical degree from other countries (except the US and a few other countries - http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/credentials-exams/assessment-international-medical-graduates-e#jur) to be successful here in Canada.
Yet there are many who do try and the very first step in trying to pursue a medical residency in Canada is getting your Canadian PR.
Being from India, in order to work as a psychiatrist here you will have to repeat your residency (post graduation) again. A few provinces however, have ready-to-practice streams, and you are eligible if you have recent experience as a GP.
I hope this helps!

Rashmi shree

Jun 19, 2020
Do u have any idea about provinces where such type of option is available..if yes, can u please send the details and process how to do it...kindly reply