+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Inland Application.....

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, everyone, thanks in advance to the creators and participants. This represent HELP and HOPE for a lot of people, including me. I had been reading a lot of letters, actually around 3 hours long, all of them very interesting and helpful.

Many are sharing their histories of success in getting PR and how long they took, explaining the process, but all of them are outside Canada and I would like to get information about Applications done inside like mine.

1. How long is it going to take? Next February Im going to be 2 years here, and I really want to go back home to see how my family and friends are doing, I know the wait is long and is killing me but its worth it.

2. My case
Medicals: October 2008
Aplication received: January 2009,
Letter of Elegibility and Background checks: June 2009
Im waiting 10 months, so far, since my application was started.

3. I hire and Immigration Consultant to do my application, but he doesnt know anything else and the only thing he is telling me is Im not going to have and interview, because Immigration hasn't contacted me so far, that I m just going to pick up my PR card, its this true?

Thanks for your comprehension and support.

madzibaba

May 20, 2009
i am very sorry for your wait however to the best of my knowledge once the application is ib thier hands there is not much you or any lawyer could do . I would advise you to apply for FOSS notes and then see if there are any comments posted about your application. If its a matter of them doubting the nature of your relationship then you can furnish them with more proof etc ...
stay positive

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madzibaba said:
i am very sorry for your wait however to the best of my knowledge once the application is ib thier hands there is not much you or any lawyer could do . I would advise you to apply for FOSS notes and then see if there are any comments posted about your application. If its a matter of them doubting the nature of your relationship then you can furnish them with more proof etc ...
stay positive

Thanks for your answer. FOSS is for Field Operated Support System (immigration database; Canada), where should I go to check this information, you mean in the eCAS? I check my application everyday. It says In process.....

madzibaba

May 20, 2009
my freinds in the struggle,

I have a silly question, is it spossible to do an outland application and process everything as though you are in the US and when time comews for landing etc go to the boarder and do the "flag polle" thing when you cross to the US but dont actually enter the US is that a possibility?

Desperate measures friends

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can flagpole if you are already in Canada.

madzibaba said:
my freinds in the struggle,

I have a silly question, is it spossible to do an outland application and process everything as though you are in the US and when time comews for landing etc go to the boarder and do the "flag polle" thing when you cross to the US but dont actually enter the US is that a possibility?

Desperate measures friends

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
etriumph,

we are pretty much in the same situation that you are in... my husband is from the UK and we started out in-land application at the end of 2008. we hired a lawyer and everything. the application was submitted in jan 2009 and they didnt start processing until feb 2009. we got a letter telling us we were eligible to sponser and be sponsered (first stage approval) in june 2009 and then they started doing background checks. we only recently received a letter from immigration telling us we have a landing interview jan 6th 2010 and our lawyer tells us this is a good thing, they will issue him permanent residency that day. all in all it will have taken us over a year, which is a long time for a man to sit around and do nothing. like you, my husband is aching to go home and see his family and friends. we found our lawyer completely useless, and ended up doing most of it ourselves. we kept calling immigration and harrassing them and asking them where we were with the application. if you keep hounding them they will work faster cuz they want you off their backs. hope this helps...

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will not work faster because they want you "off their backs." :) The people on the phones have no direct access to your file and do not work with it.

Either way, many congratulations!!!

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
wasted_year said:
etriumph,

we are pretty much in the same situation that you are in... my husband is from the UK and we started out in-land application at the end of 2008. we hired a lawyer and everything. the application was submitted in jan 2009 and they didnt start processing until feb 2009. we got a letter telling us we were eligible to sponser and be sponsered (first stage approval) in june 2009 and then they started doing background checks. we only recently received a letter from immigration telling us we have a landing interview jan 6th 2010 and our lawyer tells us this is a good thing, they will issue him permanent residency that day. all in all it will have taken us over a year, which is a long time for a man to sit around and do nothing. like you, my husband is aching to go home and see his family and friends. we found our lawyer completely useless, and ended up doing most of it ourselves. we kept calling immigration and harrassing them and asking them where we were with the application. if you keep hounding them they will work faster cuz they want you off their backs. hope this helps...
Thanks for your reply, and congratulations because you are going to be Landed, very soon, wow, its amazing, I can't wait for mine too. They still doing my background checking, an IO told me to not to wait anything for the rest of the year, it's going to be in 2010, so we are waiting, and waiting, what else? But Im sharing your happiness, God bless you! You did it! :eek: ;D

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wasted_year when did you receive the Decision Made and/or the landing interview letters? Thanks

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
we received the letter telling us we had first stage approval in june 2009 and then another letter nov 2009 telling us we had an interview scheduled for jan 2010

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
Congratulations to you - I am from the UK also, my husband is Canadian - my inland application was submitted in February 2008 and began processing in March 2008, I have had a temporary work permit as I received AIP in October 2008, now having to apply for yet another work permit as it expires mid Jan - used a lawyer - waste of money - have no clue why I have now been waiting 2 years - fingers crossed for me please that it comes through soon!!!

wasted_year said:
etriumph,