Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Hello,

The course for which I am applying to has a fee of around $6000/Semester, and my Total budget is around $16,000.
If I will subtract $6000 from it i will be left with $10,000.
Is this amount good enough to bear the expenses in Canada, considering that I will be doing part-time jobs too ?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
0xFF said:
Hello,

The course for which I am applying to has a fee of around $6000/Semester, and my Total budget is around $16,000.
Is this amount good enough to bear the expenses in Canada, considering that I will be doing part-time jobs too ?
u need all the tuition fees ....u cannot expect to pay tuition fees by working parttime.....first month is expensive as ur new and setting up apartment etc buying phone plan etc....assuming u will be able to work from day 1 u wont find a job on day 1 so atleast 2-3 months worth of expenses should be brought along(i would say 6 months worth). so I would say $5000 for living expenses + complete tuition fees(not just 1 sem fees) is the min u should have...and this calculation is not for visa purpose.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
0xFF said:
Hello,

As a given rule, try not to rely on income from a part time job in calculating expenses. Jobs are few and far between (esp. if you have no canadian exp) so you are looking at not making more than $1k take home in the best case scenario. More than likely for the first few months you will not have any job at all. So, keep all of this in mind while planning your budget.

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
txboyscout said:
As a given rule, try not to rely on income from a part time job in calculating expenses. Jobs are few and far between (esp. if you have no Canadian exp) so you are looking at not making more than $1k take home in the best case scenario. More than likely for the first few months you will not have any job at all. So, keep all of this in mind while planning your budget.
I know this is all true, but it is so discouraging at the same time :(.
How come i wouldn't be able to land a part-time job for first few months ?
I have great computer programming skills , are there part-time jobs for programming ?
What should be my maximum budget fo the master's degree ?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
0xFF said:
I have great computer programming skills , are there part-time jobs for programming ?
well u dont have canadian experience u most likely wont have good language skills as well(accent) even though ur english may be good u will have an accent which will be difficult for some to understand u. very difficult to trust experience from non developed countries. these r some of the reasons u wont find a job. even after masters people find it difficult to find a job due to lack of soft skills.....jobs in canada r mostly found through networking ..meaning who u know.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
0xFF said:
Yes, this may be discouraging but would you rather be encouraged and then come to Canada and find out that you have run out of money? Or know and prepare for all possible realities you might face?

You may have excellent programming skills but how is a potential employer to know that? They probably have never heard of the university that you graduated from or the employers you worked for--verus a candidate who has graduated from a canadian school and has worked for a canadian employer they know.

Landing a job depends on luck, most employers are reluctant to hire people who have no canadian experience. Now you may be a lucky one who lands a part time job paying 20/hr but there is no gurantee of that.

There is no max or min budget--it all depends on you. You may be able to share a room with another person and pay $400/month or you may decide you want to live in your own apartment paying $900/month. It all depends on your prefrences and likes. Generally, $1k/month for living expenses is enough. Some people can get by on $800 and some need $1500.

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
txboyscout said:
Yes, this may be discouraging but would you rather be encouraged and then come to Canada and find out that you have run out of money? Or know and prepare for all possible realities you might face?

You may have excellent programming skills but how is a potential employer to know that? They probably have never heard of the university that you graduated from or the employers you worked for--verus a candidate who has graduated from a canadian school and has worked for a canadian employer they know.

Landing a job depends on luck, most employers are reluctant to hire people who have no canadian experience. Now you may be a lucky one who lands a part time job paying 20/hr but there is no gurantee of that.

There is no max or min budget--it all depends on you. You may be able to share a room with another person and pay $400/month or you may decide you want to live in your own apartment paying $900/month. It all depends on your prefrences and likes. Generally, $1k/month for living expenses is enough. Some people can get by on $800 and some need $1500.
Thank you very much for your response, I know its good to be prepared in advance which is why I asked it here.