+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding ETA and Forex @ Arrival

arpmajumda

Jun 29, 2017
Greetings All,

I am posting this thread to seek some opinion regarding two of my queries,

1. I have received COPR and respective visa. Do I need to apply for ETA as well?
2. At the time of entering Canada first time, do the immigration officer check whether I have the minimum settlement amount posted on the CIC website or just they want to see how much money I am bringing in the country?

Hope I could explain my query well. However if it confuses still, please let me know so that I can try to reword the queries again.

Thanks & Regards,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being an Indian passport holder, you are not eligible to apply for ETA.

arpmajumda

Jun 29, 2017
Being an Indian passport holder, you are not eligible to apply for ETA.
Thanks for your response however I am bit unclear with the term not eligible. Is it like I am not required ETA or can't apply itself.

I have already received PR and appropriate visa has been affixed to my passport. Will this be enough to enter Canada or some other document is also required?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response however I am bit unclear with the term not eligible. Is it like I am not required ETA or can't apply itself.

I have already received PR and appropriate visa has been affixed to my passport. Will this be enough to enter Canada or some other document is also required?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-facts-en.asp

Indian passport holders are not visa exempted foreign nationals! Received PR visa is not a PR. You need to land first.

arpmajumda

Jun 29, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-facts-en.asp

Indian passport holders are not visa exempted foreign nationals! Received PR visa is not a PR. You need to land first.
Appreciate your feedback on my query. I understand the topic now. Just one more query,

At the time of entering Canada first time, do the immigration officer check whether I have the minimum settlement amount posted on the CIC website (Proof of funds showed at the time of applying for PR) or just they want to see how much money I am bringing in the country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They may ask to see POF so carry a copy of your banking statement. You don't need to bring cash and the statement doesn't have to be CDN$.

arpmajumda

Jun 29, 2017
They may ask to see POF so carry a copy of your banking statement. You don't need to bring cash and the statement doesn't have to be CDN$.
Thanks a lot sir for providing the information. Do the immigration officer cross check my settlement amount with CIC immigration requirement.

The reason of asking is that I am trying to understand what is the minimum amount I need to bring along with me. Does it have to be the amount mentioned on the website or lower than that is also acceptable. I will have enough settlement amount with me when I will land there, but just for information trying to get answer of this query. Just want to be prepared for unforeseen situations.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should
Thanks a lot sir for providing the information. Do the immigration officer cross check my settlement amount with CIC immigration requirement.

The reason of asking is that I am trying to understand what is the minimum amount I need to bring along with me. Does it have to be the amount mentioned on the website or lower than that is also acceptable. I will have enough settlement amount with me when I will land there, but just for information trying to get answer of this query. Just want to be prepared for unforeseen situations.

You should be able to show proof that you have access to the amount stated in the application information. I think it used to be $12,500 but it may have changed so please look it up yourself.