+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding "Eligibility Recommended Pass"

pb26

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Hello All,

This is my first post on this forum and hope it will get answered.

Please Enlighten:

What does "Eligibility Recommended Pass" means and what is the next step after this? I called IRCC and they said your files looks good and the eligibility is recommended pass.

I looked the whole forum before posting the question. I know now the senior office will mark it as pass but my question is:

1) what has been done until now under Eligibility Recommended Pass?
2) what is the next step?
3) an average time it will take to get it to the next step?

Thank You :)

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Hello All,

This is my first post on this forum and hope it will get answered.

Please Enlighten:

What does "Eligibility Recommended Pass" means and what is the next step after this? I called IRCC and they said your files looks good and the eligibility is recommended pass.

I looked the whole forum before posting the question. I know now the senior office will mark it as pass but my question is:

1) what has been done until now under Eligibility Recommended Pass?
2) what is the next step?
3) an average time it will take to get it to the next step?

Thank You :)
Average time cannot be said due to Covid19 but it depends on your AOR too.
If you ordered your GCMS notes it does tell what partthe analyst said needs to be reviewed. Like mine also is the same but it says to review the word document which I attached in my application.
Next step for you would be to wait for the officer to make is pass. Other way to find out is if receive GU which normally means your file has been touched or moved. Looking at the current trent 3 GU updates after your medical and bio - everything gets pass and followed by PR but do note there are some excemptions are due to covid19 nothing is in process. Thanks.

pb26

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Average time cannot be said due to Covid19 but it depends on your AOR too.
If you ordered your GCMS notes it does tell what partthe analyst said needs to be reviewed. Like mine also is the same but it says to review the word document which I attached in my application.
Next step for you would be to wait for the officer to make is pass. Other way to find out is if receive GU which normally means your file has been touched or moved. Looking at the current trent 3 GU updates after your medical and bio - everything gets pass and followed by PR but do note there are some excemptions are due to covid19 nothing is in process. Thanks.

Thanks Chakrat for the information :)

Do you know what kind of check they do while marking as "Eligibility Recommended Pass"

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

Do you know what kind of check they do while marking as "Eligibility Recommended Pass"
R10 check - CRS score - your age , Finance, Employer reference, university degree/certificate

Reactions: rjmani2007

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
They verify ?
It depends on the comments of the agent. Like if you attached any additional document they would say RR or if you had any visa refusal etc. RR means that the agent is letting the officer know that he/she has checked the application and looks good on his end except some things. Normally there is nothing to worry if you submitted all required documents.

Officer normlly in majority cases just checks it and marksit as PASS

abinition

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019

Al the GUs and these intermediate information is just for keeping our hopes alive, otherwise all these details are useless and are not defined anywhere with guidelines. Based on the experiences some of the members are responding back to these questions, which means the answers can vary from application to application. Keep it simple and just wait :).

rjmani2007

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
It depends on the comments of the agent. Like if you attached any additional document they would say RR or if you had any visa refusal etc. RR means that the agent is letting the officer know that he/she has checked the application and looks good on his end except some things. Normally there is nothing to worry if you submitted all required documents.

Thanks for the clarification to all us

Last week i called IRCC they told that eligiblity is passed on 08th April for me, this mean complete pass ? What would be next checks/steps they do for my application?

CEC inland
AOR FEB 2021

BIO 09th MAR
Medical pass 11th MAR

Criminality in progress
Security in progress.....

Reactions: Gill$&@

pb26

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021

So technically in for R10 they check all the documents and verify if we are eligible.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
So technically in for R10 they check all the documents and verify if we are eligible.
No, the actual check for Eligibility comes later.

At the R10 stage (completeness check) the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. If an application passes the R10 stage, then it is placed into processing.

The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed (Eligibility stage) only if and when the application is placed into processing.

pb26

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
No, the actual check for Eligibility comes later.

At the R10 stage (completeness check) the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. If an application passes the R10 stage, then it is placed into processing.

The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed (Eligibility stage) only if and when the application is placed into processing.
Hello Sir,

I called IRCC and they said "Eligibility Recommended Pass" Which means that The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed or needs to be assessed?

though, my all documents are ok but needs to make sure that I will receiving the good news soon.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello Sir,

I called IRCC and they said "Eligibility Recommended Pass" Which means that The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed or needs to be assessed?

though, my all documents are ok but needs to make sure that I will receiving the good news soon.
Recommend Pass means that a Case Analyst has been through your documents and verified what they are able to with regards to the points you claimed in your application. This means that their recommendation to the Senior Officer is for you to pass eligibility. Sometimes they attach additional notes, and sometimes not. In any case, it is at the discretion of the Senior Officer to accept the recommendation or to go against it. The Senior officer will again review the documents and notes of the analyst and then make a decision on that stage.

Recommend Pass is a good stepping stone towards passing Eligibility, but until conclusively passed by the Senior Officer, it remains simply that; a recommendation.

pb26

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Recommend Pass means that a Case Analyst has been through your documents and verified what they are able to with regards to the points you claimed in your application. This means that their recommendation to the Senior Officer is for you to pass eligibility. Sometimes they attach additional notes, and sometimes not. In any case, it is at the discretion of the Senior Officer to accept the recommendation or to go against it. The Senior officer will again review the documents and notes of the analyst and then make a decision on that stage.

Recommend Pass is a good stepping stone towards passing Eligibility, but until conclusively passed by the Senior Officer, it remains simply that; a recommendation.
This is the best answer I have received so far. Thank you so for taking the time out and answering it.

Once the office marks it as "passed" this means that I would be left with criminal/background check?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
This is the best answer I have received so far. Thank you so for taking the time out and answering it.

Once the office marks it as "passed" this means that I would be left with criminal/background check?
Yeah.

Background Check is a term that refers to the combination of two stages - Criminality and Security.

Criminality is usually initiated after an applicant passes their medicals, and usually happens simultaneously with the Eligibility verification. Security is usually initiated after Eligibility is marked as Passed by an Officer.

COVID has affected the order of the above, so it doesn't always follow that pattern in some applications, but it is a good benchmark to use when determining what stage your application is at.

Reactions: Chaan

pb26

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Yeah.

Background Check is a term that refers to the combination of two stages - Criminality and Security.

Criminality is usually initiated after an applicant passes their medicals, and usually happens simultaneously with the Eligibility verification. Security is usually initiated after Eligibility is marked as Passed by an Officer.

COVID has affected the order of the above, so it doesn't always follow that pattern in some applications, but it is a good benchmark to use when determining what stage your application is at.
You are a gem!

Thank you for the detailed information. This will actually help me to determine on the next steps.

Reactions: EscoBlades