+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding CoPR - doubts

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
@legalfalcon I just received my CoPR letter with the Visa stamped on my Passport. I have a couple of questions:

1. Why does the CoPR state "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" as a watermark across the document?
2. We also got a "MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING FORM" - is that OK? I hope it will not be a problem.
3. After receiving the CoPR do I need to do anything else... or is that IT and I can fly once the travel restriction is lifted?

Thank you in advance.

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
@legalfalcon I just received my CoPR letter with the Visa stamped on my Passport. I have a couple of questions:

1. Why does the CoPR state "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" as a watermark across the document?
2. We also got a "MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING FORM" - is that OK? I hope it will not be a problem.
3. After receiving the CoPR do I need to do anything else... or is that IT and I can fly once the travel restriction is lifted?

Thank you in advance.
I was wondering if the medical surveillance undertaking form is for old TB disease, right ? Can I know your Medical Grading Code. Thank you so much

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Do you have it too????
Well, our medical was expired in Aug 2020. then, we got a remed in the end of last October. Unluckily, my spouse was suspended an old TB when she checked X-ray. That's why I need to ask for your help the further tests she has to do. Thank you in advance.

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well, our medical was expired in Aug 2020. then, we got a remed in the end of last October. Unluckily, my spouse was suspended an old TB when she checked X-ray. That's why I need to ask for your help the further tests she has to do. Thank you in advance.
For your reference : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/surveillance-notifications/notifying-clients-that-they-require-medical-surveillance.html

@Agastya Did you do any sputum tests and checked Xray again? Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thank you in advance.
Congratulations!!

1. All COPRs will have ‘Not Valid for travel’ written on it as COPR by itself cannot be used to travel. You will need a visa (if you are not from a visa exempt country) and passport.

2. Some visa holders have a medical condition of public health significance in Canada. For this reason, medical surveillance will be required upon their arrival in Canada. They will need to communicate with the provincial or territorial public health authority which has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. At the same time, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) notifies the public health authorities and obtains notice of compliance when a client starts medical surveillance.

Depending on the medical condition and surveillance code, the visa holder must report to the public health authority within the following timeframe:

Code: S2.02 Medical condition: Inactive pulmonary tuberculosis
Timeframe: Within 30 days of landing in Canada

Code: S2.02U Medical condition: Complex non-infectious inactive pulmonary tuberculosis
Timeframe: Within 7 days of landing in Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/surveillance-notifications/medical-surveillance.html

If you had either of these codes, then you will have the medical surveillance form. Just follow the instructions.

3. If you have the COPR, that is it. IF you are not from a visa exempt country, you will also need to get a visa. Just make sure you land in Canada before your documents expire.

Reactions: Agastya

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
Congratulations!!

1. All COPRs will have ‘Not Valid for travel’ written on it as COPR by itself cannot be used to travel. You will need a visa (if you are not from a visa exempt country) and passport.

2. Some visa holders have a medical condition of public health significance in Canada. For this reason, medical surveillance will be required upon their arrival in Canada. They will need to communicate with the provincial or territorial public health authority which has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. At the same time, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) notifies the public health authorities and obtains notice of compliance when a client starts medical surveillance.

Depending on the medical condition and surveillance code, the visa holder must report to the public health authority within the following timeframe:

Code: S2.02U Medical condition: Complex non-infectious inactive pulmonary tuberculosis

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/surveillance-notifications/medical-surveillance.html

If you had either of these codes, then you will have the medical surveillance form. Just follow the instructions.

3. If you have the COPR, that is it. IF you are not from a visa exempt country, you will also need to get a visa. Just make sure you land in Canada before your documents expire.
THANK YOU SO MUCH... As always you are such a BIG help!!!

Reactions: legalfalcon

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Congratulations!!

@legalfalcon, @Agastya : Can I ask for your help. My wife just received this Medical Surveillance Undertaking Form in my GC Key Account but there was no instruction on how to send it back to the IRCC. I would like to know if she has to sign and send it back to the IRCC by raising the web form and attach this signed form or she will do this thing when she lands in Canada at the Port of Entry. Thank you for your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, @Agastya : Can I ask for your help. My wife just received this Medical Surveillance Undertaking Form in my GC Key Account but there was no instruction on how to send it back to the IRCC. I would like to know if she has to sign and send it back to the IRCC by raising the web form and attach this signed form or she will do this thing when she lands in Canada at the Port of Entry. Thank you for your help.
You have to hand it to the Border officer at the PoE when you land in Canada.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/surveillance-notifications/completing-0535-form-cases-requiring-medical-surveillance-provincial-territorial-public-health-authorities.html

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Seniors need your advice...We have received medical surveillance form. Per my understanding we need to contact public heath authority, who will provide some forms and we will have to see a physician and get xray done (or whatever doctor says). We then hand over results to public health authority
(public health authority will inform the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC that you’re in compliance with your medical surveillance requirement)

Question: Once we hand over test results (/doctors note) to public health authority, can we exit Canada or do we have stay till the time surveillance is completed. We need to plan our soft landing duration accordingly. Please advise @legalfalcon

Thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Seniors need your advice...We have received medical surveillance form. Per my understanding we need to contact public heath authority, who will provide some forms and we will have to see a physician and get xray done (or whatever doctor says). We then hand over results to public health authority
(public health authority will inform the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC that you’re in compliance with your medical surveillance requirement)

Question: Once we hand over test results (/doctors note) to public health authority, can we exit Canada or do we have stay till the time surveillance is completed. We need to plan our soft landing duration accordingly. Please advise @legalfalcon

Thanks in advance!
The whole purpose of surveillance is that you stay in Canada and are not a risk to public health. You will have to consult the doctor and see what he says. If you are clear, and there are no further checks or follow-up required, you can leave. You can also leave if the next follow-up is after a few months, however, if you skip a follow-up, you will no longer be in compliance.

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
The whole purpose of surveillance is that you stay in Canada and are not a risk to public health. You will have to consult the doctor and see what he says. If you are clear, and there are no further checks or follow-up required, you can leave. You can also leave if the next follow-up is after a few months, however, if you skip a follow-up, you will no longer be in compliance.
Sure thanks for the clarification

1) Sure, thanks...then I believe we will have to inform IRCC (IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca ) every time we leave Canada until we get surveillance completed email and we need to make sure that we don't skip follow-up (if required). This will not initiate the surveillance from scratch every time we go to Canada.....Is my understanding correct.
2) Also, will this affect our PR Card processing or any other thing.

Please advise @legalfalcon

PNRN

Feb 2, 2023
Sure thanks for the clarification

1) Sure, thanks...then I believe we will have to inform IRCC (IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca ) every time we leave Canada until we get surveillance completed email and we need to make sure that we don't skip follow-up (if required). This will not initiate the surveillance from scratch every time we go to Canada.....Is my understanding correct.
2) Also, will this affect our PR Card processing or any other thing.

Please advise @legalfalcon
Hi...

Is there any update on your situation?? Was surveillance initiated from scratch? Did if effect your PR card processing??