+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding common law visa

una

Jan 23, 2012
Hi,

We are applying for a common law visa and have a few questions:

-Regarding the CSQ: Do I have to apply for that? Since I am not a student and don´t have a job Im wondering if Im even able to apply for it?

-Does the application have to include police certificate?

-I found out that I will do the medical exam after I submit my application and get an answer, is this correct? (and does that perhaps apply to the police certificate aswell?)

The situation: We live together in Montreal. I am on a visitor visa and my boyfriend is canadian.

Hope you can help me out, thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

una said:
Hi,

We are applying for a common law visa and have a few questions:

-Regarding the CSQ: Do I have to apply for that? Since I am not a student and don´t have a job Im wondering if Im even able to apply for it?

-Does the application have to include police certificate?

-I found out that I will do the medical exam after I submit my application and get an answer, is this correct? (and does that perhaps apply to the police certificate aswell?)

The situation: We live together in Montreal. I am on a visitor visa and my boyfriend is canadian.

Hope you can help me out, thanks!
1. You need a CSQ to reside in Quebec. Follow the instructions. http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/index.html
2. Yes you need to include the police certificates and proof of medical exam with the application.

una

Jan 23, 2012
Thanks for your answer, It all seems a bit confusing but its slowly coming together. Two other related questions:

-Do you know if I have to bring any papers other than Apendix C to the medical exam? I have read that the DMP (medical office) will provide another paper to sign and that they will mail all the appropriate papers right away to the immigration office without giving them to me. Or am I wrong?

-Regarding the Quebec application: I notice that there is alot of the exact same papers they require for quebec and Canada, so I assume I will just dublicate the papers I already did and then fill out the rest?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

una said:
Thanks for your answer, It all seems a bit confusing but its slowly coming together. Two other related questions:

-Do you know if I have to bring any papers other than Apendix C to the medical exam? I have read that the DMP (medical office) will provide another paper to sign and that they will mail all the appropriate papers right away to the immigration office without giving them to me. Or am I wrong?

-Regarding the Quebec application: I notice that there is alot of the exact same papers they require for quebec and Canada, so I assume I will just dublicate the papers I already did and then fill out the rest?
Appendix C passport, photos as per checklist.