+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding certification of qualification

navreetbajwa

Jan 9, 2019
Hello sir,
I used Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Wastewater Operator Certificate, and Wastewater Operator Licence, all expiring 2021/08/31, issued by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (processed by the Ontario Water Wastewater Certification Office) in Canadian Experience Class. I got query from CIC officer -
"
The submitted Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Wastewater Operator Certificate, and Wastewater Operator Licence do not appear to be consistent with the definition of “certificate of qualification” on the publicly-available Canada.ca website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/compare.html), which defines “certificate of qualification” as follows:
A certificate of qualification proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade in Canada. This means that they:
 have passed a certification exam
 meet all the requirements to practice their trade in that province or territory.
This certificate is issued by the body that governs trades in a Canadian province or territory, or by a federal authority. Depending on which body or authority issues it, this certificate may be called a “certificate of qualification” or a “qualification certificate”.
Please provide additional evidence supporting your declaration that you hold a certificate of qualification, as noted above. This includes any evidence you wish to be considered clearly demonstrates completed training in a skilled trade occupation, qualification in that trade occupation (as issued by a competent provincial or federal authority), and how you meet all the requirements to practice that skilled trade in your province."
Can you please advise how I have to respond this query as soon as possible. I have 5 more days only to reply this query.
Thank You
Nav

Reactions: astraldust

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello sir,
I used Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Wastewater Operator Certificate, and Wastewater Operator Licence, all expiring 2021/08/31, issued by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (processed by the Ontario Water Wastewater Certification Office) in Canadian Experience Class. I got query from CIC officer -
"
The submitted Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Wastewater Operator Certificate, and Wastewater Operator Licence do not appear to be consistent with the definition of “certificate of qualification” on the publicly-available Canada.ca website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/compare.html), which defines “certificate of qualification” as follows:
A certificate of qualification proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade in Canada. This means that they:
 meet all the requirements to practice their trade in that province or territory.
This certificate is issued by the body that governs trades in a Canadian province or territory, or by a federal authority. Depending on which body or authority issues it, this certificate may be called a “certificate of qualification” or a “qualification certificate”.
Please provide additional evidence supporting your declaration that you hold a certificate of qualification, as noted above. This includes any evidence you wish to be considered clearly demonstrates completed training in a skilled trade occupation, qualification in that trade occupation (as issued by a competent provincial or federal authority), and how you meet all the requirements to practice that skilled trade in your province."
Can you please advise how I have to respond this query as soon as possible. I have 5 more days only to reply this query.
Thank You
Nav
I cannot predict whether this will be accepted, but at this point you have no choice but to try -

1) First, assuming your NOC was 9243, then your occupation is on the list of Skilled Trades - First state that it meets IRCC's own definition of a trade:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html
"Skilled work experience
Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers"
Unfortunately, under Ontario legislation, your occupation is not considered a "trade" - so the above is an important point.

2) One of the VO's issues is that your occupation is outside of the Ontario College of Trades https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/trades-in-ontario. I don't know the VO will accept this, but you will just have to state that the "competent provincial authority" that regulates your trade is the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation, and Parks, through its Water and Wastewater Certification office; https://owwco.ca/

3) Outline ALL the training courses and exams you took to obtain your certificates and licenses. Include the "operator-in-training" stage as well - you want to show that this was like an apprenticeship ( that trades like mechanics have to go through).

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You can't claim points for certification of qualification if you are applying under CEC. It only applies to those apply under the Federal Skilled Trade program

navreetbajwa

Jan 9, 2019
Thank You sir for advise.
Sir please advice me that can I withdraw my file at this moment? if yes, what is the procedure to withdraw the file.
Thank You
Nav

navreetbajwa

Jan 9, 2019
I cannot predict whether this will be accepted, but at this point you have no choice but to try -

1) First, assuming your NOC was 9243, then your occupation is on the list of Skilled Trades - First state that it meets IRCC's own definition of a trade:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html
"Skilled work experience
Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers"
Unfortunately, under Ontario legislation, your occupation is not considered a "trade" - so the above is an important point.

2) One of the VO's issues is that your occupation is outside of the Ontario College of Trades https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/trades-in-ontario. I don't know the VO will accept this, but you will just have to state that the "competent provincial authority" that regulates your trade is the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation, and Parks, through its Water and Wastewater Certification office; https://owwco.ca/

3) Outline ALL the training courses and exams you took to obtain your certificates and licenses. Include the "operator-in-training" stage as well - you want to show that this was like an apprenticeship ( that trades like mechanics have to go through).

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

navreetbajwa

Jan 9, 2019
Thank You sir for advise.
Sir can you please let me know that at this moment can I withdraw my file? If yes, what is the procedure?
Thank you
Nav

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

navreetbajwa

Jan 9, 2019
You CAN, you would send your request via webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

However, I am not sure that would be a good idea. You would not get anything back. I would suggest submitting the info the VO requested and see what happens.
Ok sir, Sir can I do like that first give my explanation and type at last that if u are not convinced then I wanna to withdraw my file, actually I don’t want refusal. I have valid WP until 2020 . So I have time for reapply.
If we withdraw our file is it showed in our application history?
Thanku Sir
Nav

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ok sir, Sir can I do like that first give my explanation and type at last that if u are not convinced then I wanna to withdraw my file, actually I don’t want refusal. I have valid WP until 2020 . So I have time for reapply.
Having a refusal does not affect your future applications. A lot of people have their first (and second) applications refused, and successfully re-apply.

If we withdraw our file is it showed in our application history?
Not sure, probably, because it has been put into processing.

Ishleen

Oct 24, 2018
Hi navreet,
I did the same course and i got my ITA today. So did you submit the supporting documents to VO and did you get a reply from immigration and what documents did you submit in support?

Stevan.BC2018

Sep 22, 2018
Does your certificate clearly show that it is Certificate of Qualification on the certificate or just shown as certificate/license?

You can't claim points for certification of qualification if you are applying under CEC. It only applies to those apply under the Federal Skilled Trade program
Where do you get the information ?. CES applicants still can claim points for the certificate of qualification.

Ishleen

Oct 24, 2018
Does your certificate clearly show that it is Certificate of Qualification on the certificate or just shown as certificate/license?

Where do you get the information ?. CES applicants still can claim points for the certificate of qualification.
Hello Steven,
Thanks for the reply. the certificate which i hold clearly states that under Ontario Regulation 128/04 i have met the requirements and there is letter from ministry stating that i am qualified to receive the certificate.

Pecxjj

Dec 18, 2018
Hello sir,
"
Thank You
Nav
Hi NAVREETBAJWA,
Can you please give any more details on your'e file. AOR date and what happened after your'e response? Literally hunting down for a solution on this trade for quite long period of time by now. Couldn't find a solution no one was leaving final reply after they stated thread on this trade.

Pecxjj

Dec 18, 2018
Hello Steven,
Thanks for the reply. the certificate which i hold clearly states that under Ontario Regulation 128/04 i have met the requirements and there is letter from ministry stating that i am qualified to receive the certificate.
It looks like still he/she got an explanation requirement from IRCC. So hope she/he will reply what happened after that.