+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding canada PR under new rules

rupeshdesai

Mar 21, 2009
I have applied for canada PR under FSW catagory on may 24th 08 and also received letter after 3 months from new delhi office regarding ack of fees received and file no.I am able to manage 67 points. but when i applied i had mentioned NOC code 2132 (bcoz my education is B.E mechanical but now this is not is 38 occupation list. my work profile is matching with noc code 9212. (but my education is more than requirement which is meant for this code 9212). so can i change the noc code in my exsisting application? if yes, how to change?? or do I have to withdraw and reapply? if I withdraw when will i get the refund?? or can I apply another application with noc code 9212 and do not withdraw my old application??

Pls help me :)

Rupesh Desai

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
You do not need to withdraw the old one and apply under the new rules. If you believe your work experience (duties NOT title) matches those on the list, then re-apply.

oicur0t

Feb 16, 2009
I believe you may be ok. Officers are aware that jobs can appear under different categories. I think it revolves around the evidence of your contract and reference from your employer, in different countries jobs have different titles but involve the same duties.

A

adnan_hsn

Theres an update on CIC's website saying that you can request a change of NOC. But thats, if you havent already received a refusal letter following the announcement of new rules in November 2008. Have a look.

mistzone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
application prior new rule will take into account old rules only, you need not worry on 38 NOC, your application will be processed with old process and as long you prove yourself 2132 there is no worry so do not change anything as per my view, but seniors may have accurate answer..

rupeshdesai

Mar 21, 2009
wpc71 said:
You do not need to withdraw the old one and apply under the new rules. If you believe your work experience (duties NOT title) matches those on the list, then re-apply.
So If I want to reapply then I need to first withdraw my old application and then re-apply ??
and what If my re-applied application gets rejected , then will I get refund back ??
Thanking you
Rupesh

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
No, no need to withdraw before you re-apply. You have the option to withdraw the old one or to keep it. If you are rejected at Sydney office, you will be refunded.