+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Birth Certificate

krisashok

Feb 23, 2008
Dear Members,
I have applied canadian PR on Sep 2006 under skilled worker(federal) category.I have done medical and I received PPR letter on 2 months back and I submitted my passport to CHC at New Delhi on March 2008.I havent received any reply from CHC,until now and I am so worried.The e-cas shows " In Process".
I just noticed a discrepancy between the birth certificate issued by my local birth registrar and my passport. For some reason and I dont know how this could have happened. My passport states I was born in town "x" while my birth certificate states that I was born in town "y". Both these towns (villages really) are not far apart - probably 2-3 minutes drive.Both village's pin code are same.
My questions is, Is it affect my issuance of PR visa? What is the timeline after submit the passport? Please kindly help me.I am awaiting for your favourable reply.Thank you.Please reply me ASAP

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
I don't feel there will be any problem. But in the mean-time you can get a letter from tehsildar stating that both the villages are under same postal code. If any problem happened that letter could help.

Best Wishes