+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Biometrics for Visitors Visa in India

YYZexplorer

Oct 28, 2020
Background:
We are expecting a baby in a few months and were hoping our parents from India to join us in Canada for assistance.
It is the first time applying Visitors Visa to Canada and they have not provided biometrics to Canada (they have traveled to Schengen countries before and provided biometrics for its processing then).

Question:
We recently received the Biometrics letter for Canada visa and with VFS offices shut, I was wondering if there is any other way to
1. expedite the Visa process by Biometrics exemption
2. submit the biometrics after visiting Canada
3. submit the biometrics at any non-VFS location like embassy or something else

I would like to hear if anyone of you have had success in this COVID time with VFS shut and application in process.

Note: I am seeking responses from applicants with experience in India only. I understand that VFS could be operational normally elsewhere but those experiences might not be relevant to my queries.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can’t expedite or ask to submit in Canada once they arrive. They can fly to a different country like Dubai and submit at an open VFS office. Some people are doing that. FYI, visitor visa processing times for India average 8 months.

Reactions: canuck78

Nick111

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Sep-2015 - LAA received
Doc's Request.
Full Application Submitted - On 25-Sep-2015
Hii Naturagril is it possible that way to fly in another country and submit biometrics? for example, i have applied for my in-law's visitor visa and received the Bio letter can they fly to Dubai and submit their bio ? Thanks