+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding arrival or entry stamping on my passport in Toronto, as a PR

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello guys, I am a Canadian PR and landed first time in Canada in 2019 in Toronto. The CBSA stamped my passport on my arrival. I travelled recently out of country and returned today. I took a receipt at the kiosk in Toronto Airport, using my PR card and filled the declaration. The border officials just took my receipt and they didn't stamp my passport with the arrival or entry date, like they did for the first time. Is it right? Are arrival entry records all captured electronically and no stamping is done on the passport? Could you please advise, just wanted to make sure the dates are recorded, as i would be eligible to apply for Citizenship in the future. Thank you so much!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello guys, I am a Canadian PR and landed first time in Canada in 2019 in Toronto. The CBSA stamped my passport on my arrival. I travelled recently out of country and returned today. I took a receipt at the kiosk in Toronto Airport, using my PR card and filled the declaration. The border officials just took my receipt and they didn't stamp my passport with the arrival or entry date, like they did for the first time. Is it right? Are arrival entry records all captured electronically and no stamping is done on the passport? Could you please advise, just wanted to make sure the dates are recorded, as i would be eligible to apply for Citizenship in the future. Thank you so much!!
As a PR they will likely not stamp your passport again (ever), and yes, all arrivals are captured electronically. (Exits are a bit more complicated - most have been captured since about 2020. Don't worry about that right now.)

Reactions: navkrish