+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding admission in student visa

Setmudit

Jul 15, 2022
Hi am from India i want to apply for study visa in canada
I scored overall 6.5 In ielts exam Speaking - 6.5 Listening -8.5 Reading- 6.0
Writing -5.5
Unfortunately I got 5.5 In one module
Can you please help me Am i eligible for study permit in canada under non sds category or SDS
If I get acceptance letter from college is there chances to getting refusal through Canada embassy in my visa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi am from India i want to apply for study visa in canada
I scored overall 6.5 In ielts exam Speaking - 6.5 Listening -8.5 Reading- 6.0
Writing -5.5
Unfortunately I got 5.5 In one module
Can you please help me Am i eligible for study permit in canada under non sds category or SDS
If I get acceptance letter from college is there chances to getting refusal through Canada embassy in my visa
Your score is too low to apply through SDS. You would need to apply under non-SDS.

Yes, there is always a chance IRCC may still refuse the visa even if the college accepts you.

Setmudit

Jul 15, 2022
Your score is too low to apply through SDS. You would need to apply under non-SDS.

Yes, there is always a chance IRCC may still refuse the visa even if the college accepts you.
So according to you should i apply under non sds category or retake my ielts exam

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So according to you should i apply under non sds category or retake my ielts exam
Yes. Have you read through the SDS requirements on the IRCC web site? The information is all there regarding minimum requirements.

Setmudit

Jul 15, 2022
Yes. Have you read through the SDS requirements on the IRCC web site? The information is all there regarding minimum requirements.
Yes i have gone through it i am asking can i apply under non sds category
And if u got acceptance from college is there still chances i can get refusal from ircc during visa process

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And if u got acceptance from college is there still chances i can get refusal from ircc during visa process
Again yes, you can still be refused by IRCC even if the college accepts you. Many of people are refused. I would recommend you spend some time reading through the posts here so that you can understand common refusal reasons and so that you can put together a strong application.

Setmudit

Jul 15, 2022
Again yes, you can still be refused by IRCC even if the college accepts you. Many of people are refused. I would recommend you spend some time reading through the posts here so that you can understand common refusal reasons and so that you can put together a strong application.
Thank you much for your time and kind information

Scabsbhsvcsna

Jul 16, 2022
Hey, my name is Gurpreet singh and im from india. I have a one issue that i want to discuss here in order to get clarity. My name (Gurpreet singh) is written in given section of my passport, but i recognized that my first name ( Gurpreet ) is written in the first name section of ielts trf and singh is written in the family name section. This issue can harm my canada visa chances and i hope u will answer me as fast as u can. Im really worrying, since i knew this

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Yes you can apply for non sds. Check with the college if they allow you to take some english courses before class.
And yes. There is a 50-50 chance you may get refusal from from ircc if your financial status not strong enough.

Setmudit

Jul 15, 2022
Yes you can apply for non sds. Check with the college if they allow you to take some english courses before class.
And yes. There is a 50-50 chance you may get refusal from from ircc if your financial status not strong enough.
My financial status is good and i have checked in college website they are accepting my ielts score nd my course selection is also related to my Latest diploma here in bakery and confectionery as i am applying for 1 year graduate certificate program in culinary arts
As i have heard from many people that they only refuse your visa because something student don't select there course according toh there country latest studies
Plz do give your opinion regarding to this

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My financial status is good and i have checked in college website they are accepting my ielts score nd my course selection is also related to my Latest diploma here in bakery and confectionery as i am applying for 1 year graduate certificate program in culinary arts
As i have heard from many people that they only refuse your visa because something student don't select there course according toh there country latest studies
Plz do give your opinion regarding to this
This isn't the only refusal reason.

There can be a number of different reasons why IRCC may refuse an application. This can include: planned studies in Canada not related to previous education / work experience, weak ties to home country / lack of travel history, and insufficient funds.