+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Adaptability

vbollu

May 18, 2019
Hi, I am permanent resident . But when i submitted my application for the permanent residence, i did not declare my brother name in the additional family information form.

Now my own brother who is in india wants to apply for express entry through Alberta PNP, he will get additional 15 points for adaptability by mentioning my name ( brother ). Will it be a problem for his application when he files for his express entry as I did not declare him as my brother.

Please help me with this situation as I am really tensed if his application will be refused as I did not declare as brother, and more over incase if my brother submit the application mentioning my name, if canada immigration comes to know that I did not declare when I filed my PR, will it be a problem?

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hi, I am permanent resident . But when i submitted my application for the permanent residence, i did not declare my brother name in the additional family information form.

Now my own brother who is in india wants to apply for express entry through Alberta PNP, he will get additional 15 points for adaptability by mentioning my name ( brother ). Will it be a problem for his application when he files for his express entry as I did not declare him as my brother.

Please help me with this situation as I am really tensed if his application will be refused as I did not declare as brother, and more over incase if my brother submit the application mentioning my name, if canada immigration comes to know that I did not declare when I filed my PR, will it be a problem?
First off is it your own real brother or cousin of some sort.

If it’s your own brother, how did you not declare him ? I know it’s water under the bridge but asking out of curiosity.

It’s tough for anyone to predict outcome for sure if he includes you for points in his application but it will definitely raise questions as first logical port of inquiry will be to check if he is included in your application or not.

There will definitely be questions and more chances of his application being rejected than your PR being revoked.

One option would be to include this information in his letter of explanation.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019

You are in a pretty dicey situation. As soon as your brother applies and claims points for you, your file and profile will also be checked.

Then, there would be very high chances of his file being rejected and you getting called out for misrepresentation, as you lied about not having a brother.

You and your brother should consult an experienced immigration attorney before proceeding with the application.