+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding a mistake in the police clearance certificate

jas.k5010

Dec 19, 2019
I reapplied for PCC. I did not tell anything in the psk office. I filled out the form, this time selecting the correct option. After submission, again a police officer was sent to my address for verification and in another two days I got my new PCC, which I submitted in the IRCC portal.

It's been 7 months yet no update on the application status. It says, "your application is taking longer than usual". Awaiting the golden mail to arrive.
How did you reapply? Because portal is not letting me apply again. Please help.

Sep 19, 2018
I got PCC in abu dhabi (UAE). However, the passport no. mentioned in PCC is wrong because in my labour cantact, the passport no. is wrong. the same is printed in PCC as well, What should i do?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
I reapplied for PCC. I did not tell anything in the psk office. I filled out the form, this time selecting the correct option. After submission, again a police officer was sent to my address for verification and in another two days I got my new PCC, which I submitted in the IRCC portal.

It's been 7 months yet no update on the application status. It says, "your application is taking longer than usual". Awaiting the golden mail to arrive.
Hi I'm sorry you had to face these problems from your consultant but yes you can apply for PCC for residence permit and get your PPR .. the reason being residence permit can mean anything temporary residence permit, permanent residence permit etc. As long as it is not citizenship, travel Visa or student visa everything else is okay. Why am I so confident 2 of my friends got the exact same PCC and they are happily living in Canada.

HopeNannes

Mar 2, 2020
Yes, those are the exact words written on the PCC. But instead of "RESIDENCE PERMIT" it must be "IMMIGRATION OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP". My consultant says my application has a chance of getting rejected because of this. And PSK says I cannot reapply for PCC unless the first one expires. M really confused and stuck. Kindly advise what I can do.
Hi Debarpita,

Just trying to better understand your situation, Was your PCC rejected by CIC when you submitted it with ‘Residence permit’ wordings OR was it just your consultant who was worried that it MAY get rejected because of this reason?

Hussain53

Mar 3, 2020
Hello,
I have applied for immigration on 2nd of jan my medical is also cleared so how much for time would it take?

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have applied for PCC after I received the ITA in January. It is written "resident permit" instead of "immigration other than citizenship". I am asked to get another PCC since this is rejected. On the other hand when I requested PSK to make corrections or allow me to reapply for PCC, they informed that I cannot do so until the current PCC expires (which is one year). This will result in rejection of my ITA, my medical would expire by then as well. The last date of submission of my visa application is 12th March. Can anyone advice me what I can do in this situation?
How did your pcc get rejected if you had not even applied for the Visa on the day you posted your query

Last edited:

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hi I recently submitted the application for PCC to the San Francisco Consulate, and in the Miscellaneous application form, I wrote " India" in the "PCC for" section, but seems like I had to write "Canada", but in the section "please specify the service applied for", I wrote : PCC for India/Canada immigration. Does that sound right? Is that enough? Do I need to submit the application again? I have recently emailed them clarifying the same. Please let me know. How much time does it take to get a PCC? I already got an ITA and I do not want this miss this opportunity. Thanks in advance!

Jul 1, 2020
Hi
Hello everyone,

I have applied for PCC after I received the ITA in January. It is written "resident permit" instead of "immigration other than citizenship". I am asked to get another PCC since this is rejected. On the other hand when I requested PSK to make corrections or allow me to reapply for PCC, they informed that I cannot do so until the current PCC expires (which is one year). This will result in rejection of my ITA, my medical would expire by then as well. The last date of submission of my visa application is 12th March. Can anyone advice me what I can do in this situation?
Hi @Debarpita was it successful? I got the same "Residence Permit", and I am about to apply for PR.

Anphy M A

May 10, 2023
I have applied for PCC after I received ITA. But I made a mistake while applying PCC online, the purpose coloum I choose Resident permit instead of Immigration other than Citizenship. Do I need to reapply it. I still not mail it to BLS.Is there any problem if I apply twice. Please help me to fix the issue.

Anphy M A

May 10, 2023
At online portal you can fill as many as form .They will only consider the one which you sent to them.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much