+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding 2 closed work permits

suma17

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Hi, i need few suggestions from anyone this is already discussed in this group but just need few updates i am in situation where i have closed wp which will expire in april 2021 and from my new company i got another work permit approval on April 20 2020 but i didnt serve my notice period in my old company. my new company joining date is on june but wp approved on April 20 so is it fine to serve notice periid in my previous company and will it create any issue at the time of my pr. I seen old work permit will be invalidated if its expired but if it has validity then can it be a legal thing? I think this situation already discussed lot of times in this portal

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what is meant by activate should i have to do anything for that
Yes you usually have to go to POE and land. When did your first closed work permit end? Did you get a new closed work permit or were you able to extend the same work permit with a different employer and different LMIA?

suma17

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Yes you usually have to go to POE and land. When did your first closed work permit end? Did you get a new closed work permit or were you able to extend the same work permit with a different employer and different LMIA?
No i am already in canada my first closed work permit will end in April 2021 and my new work permit is appproved with different employer with LMIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No i am already in canada my first closed work permit will end in April 2021 and my new work permit is appproved with different employer with LMIA
So you have to land with the new work permit. Unfortunately you can’t flagpole at the border at the moment. You can’t start working with the new employer until you land with the new work permit.

yoks20

May 14, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vfs manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2019
Doc's Request.
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Hello everyone! I need help regarding my work permit. I left my job to my previous employer because i found a new job, so, i have my 2 valid work permit & will expire both next yr. Is it possible to go back to my previous employer without applying new permit? i still have my previous work permit and not expired yet. Should i need to apply a new work permit for my previous employer? Any help? Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone! I need help regarding my work permit. I left my job to my previous employer because i found a new job, so, i have my 2 valid work permit & will expire both next yr. Is it possible to go back to my previous employer without applying new permit? i still have my previous work permit and not expired yet. Should i need to apply a new work permit for my previous employer? Any help? Thank you.
Are these closed work permits? If you switch to another employer and another job And got a new WP for that just it replaced the 1st WP and the 1WP is no longer valid.

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Are these closed work permits? If you switch to another employer and another job And got a new WP for that just it replaced the 1st WP and the 1WP is no longer valid.
@canuck - I have a query, I'm facing same situation. As per my new closed work permit, I supposed to work with my current employer from 2nd Dec 2019 (WP start date - 02nd Dec 2019). But, I started working from 9th Dec 2019 as I was serving my notice period with my old employer (LMIA ClosedWP) and my old work permit with previous employer was valid until 10th Feb 2020. I surrendered my old permit at POE on 29 Nov 2019. Now I submitted my PR application. Will it affect on Non-compliance act?