+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused visitors visa twice for the same reasons

Santy_

Dec 14, 2021
I recently applied for a visitors visa to go visit my cousin in Ontario via GC Key. First application was on 24th November, refusal was on the 30th November. Reapplied on 2nd December, 2nd refusal on 13th December.

Refusal reasons were :
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I added all the documents to show my family ties & the purpose of my visit(letter from work, letter from my boss showing I'm allowed to go on vacation and when I'm expected back, an affidavit, you name it). I am the only child of my parents and I'm currently not married. Could those be the reasons why?

I'm honestly confused as to the continued refusal. Also, do you think it's because of the Covid resurgence? Should I reapply? Any help would be most appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I recently applied for a visitors visa to go visit my cousin in Ontario via GC Key. First application was on 24th November, refusal was on the 30th November. Reapplied on 2nd December, 2nd refusal on 13th December.

Refusal reasons were :
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I added all the documents to show my family ties & the purpose of my visit(letter from work, letter from my boss showing I'm allowed to go on vacation and when I'm expected back, an affidavit, you name it). I am the only child of my parents and I'm currently not married. Could those be the reasons why?

I'm honestly confused as to the continued refusal. Also, do you think it's because of the Covid resurgence? Should I reapply? Any help would be most appreciated.
Purpose of visit can mean many things - travel history, ties to home country, funds etc. The question officers may be asking is “Why do you need to visit Canada during a pandemic as your cousin is not considered an extended family member?“ Do you live in your country of citizenship? How long was your visit? Not being married is not a reason but your parents are not a tie if you are over 22 years old.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Refusal reasons were :

It's hard to comment without knowing the full details of your profile. Items such as the following can influence the decision:
- What passport you hold and if you are living in yoru home country now or in another country temporarily.
- What documents you provided to show family ties. Was this family ties to Canada or your home country?
- What documents you provided to show employment (apart from the letter).
- If you own property and how much you showed in available funds to pay for your trip to Canada.
- If you have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as Canada / US / UK / etc.
- Do you have any previous refusals to any country?
- Factors about your cousin can also influence the decision such as how your cousin obtained PR / citizenship.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Santy_

Dec 14, 2021
Thanks for responding

Purpose of visit can mean many things - travel history, ties to home country, funds etc. The question officers may be asking is “Why do you need to visit Canada during a pandemic as your cousin is not considered an extended family member?“ - makes sense thanks. I added a letter of explanation detailing why. I just need a vacation from work (my boss gave me a letter to support same). Do you think I should remove my cousin from my next application and make it a straight forward tourism application rather than a "Visit"?

Do you live in your country of citizenship? - Yes I do. Born and Raised

How long was your visit? - 12days

Not being married is not a reason but your parents are not a tie if you are over 22 years old.- I'm 30 years old. I indicated I'm responsible for my nieces and nephews in the letter of explanation. What can further solidify my ties?

Santy_

Dec 14, 2021
It's hard to comment without knowing the full details of your profile. Items such as the following can influence the decision:
- What passport you hold and if you are living in yoru home country now or in another country temporarily.
- What documents you provided to show family ties. Was this family ties to Canada or your home country?
- What documents you provided to show employment (apart from the letter).
- If you own property and how much you showed in available funds to pay for your trip to Canada.
- If you have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as Canada / US / UK / etc.
- Do you have any previous refusals to any country?
- Factors about your cousin can also influence the decision such as how your cousin obtained PR / citizenship.

- I hold a ghanaian passport and I currently live and work here in an extremely well paying job

- I showed ties to my cousin by way of showing the birth certificates of both my mum and his mum showing same parents. I filled the form detailing my family within the country. Which other documents can I provide to show family ties aside my birth certificate? I detailed it in the letter of explanation how close my mum and I are but I've seen threads say evidence speak louder but really, what can I provide?

- What documents you provided to show employment (apart from the letter).- I showed my 6-month payslip, and my pensions payments made on my behalf by my employer

- If you own property and how much you showed in available funds to pay for your trip to Canada.- Yes I own property. I attached all my property documents including valuation of my house and land, and even my car. Also added evidence of my statements and investments.

- If you have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as Canada / US / UK / etc.- I included my visas to South Africa which I'v visited for both vacation and business purposes

- Do you have any previous refusals to any country?- One refusal to the US in 2016 which I indicated on the form

- Factors about your cousin can also influence the decision such as how your cousin obtained PR / citizenship. - He furthered his education in Canada, got a work permit and now has a PR. He has hosted his mother and sent invitation letters for his siblings who both got 5 years visas each. Do you think there still might be something here which might be the reason?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
- I hold a ghanaian passport and I currently live and work here in an extremely well paying job

- I showed ties to my cousin by way of showing the birth certificates of both my mum and his mum showing same parents. I filled the form detailing my family within the country. Which other documents can I provide to show family ties aside my birth certificate? I detailed it in the letter of explanation how close my mum and I are but I've seen threads say evidence speak louder but really, what can I provide?

- What documents you provided to show employment (apart from the letter).- I showed my 6-month payslip, and my pensions payments made on my behalf by my employer

- If you own property and how much you showed in available funds to pay for your trip to Canada.- Yes I own property. I attached all my property documents including valuation of my house and land, and even my car. Also added evidence of my statements and investments.

- If you have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as Canada / US / UK / etc.- I included my visas to South Africa which I'v visited for both vacation and business purposes

- Do you have any previous refusals to any country?- One refusal to the US in 2016 which I indicated on the form

- Factors about your cousin can also influence the decision such as how your cousin obtained PR / citizenship. - He furthered his education in Canada, got a work permit and now has a PR. He has hosted his mother and sent invitation letters for his siblings who both got 5 years visas each. Do you think there still might be something here which might be the reason?
I would order your GCMS notes and see what they say. Do not apply again.

My two cents is that the US refusal is one of the big things working against you. Perhaps the big thing.

See what the GCMS notes say and then consider if it makes sense to apply again now (i.e. if you can strengthen your application) or if you should wait a while before reapplying.

Reactions: Santy_

Santy_

Dec 14, 2021
I would order your GCMS notes and see what they say. Do not apply again.

My two cents is that the US refusal is one of the big things working against you. Perhaps the big thing.

See what the GCMS notes say and then consider if it makes sense to apply again now (i.e. if you can strengthen your application) or if you should wait a while before reapplying.
I think I'll do that. Considering that was 5 years ago and my life is drastically different (I'm more established, I earn vastly more money), I'm surprised that might be a factor (especially since they claim it wouldn't affect your current application lol)

Another thing, my mother wanted to apply next year with me when I re-apply. Do you think it might better our chances if we apply together or would separately be the best way to go? And should we still get an invitation letter from my cousin or make it a purely tourist application without the visit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think I'll do that. Considering that was 5 years ago and my life is drastically different (I'm more established, I earn vastly more money), I'm surprised that might be a factor (especially since they claim it wouldn't affect your current application lol)

Another thing, my mother wanted to apply next year with me when I re-apply. Do you think it might better our chances if we apply together or would separately be the best way to go? And should we still get an invitation letter from my cousin or make it a purely tourist application without the visit?
Start by ordering your GCMS notes to see what they say. Hard to comment on the rest without knowing that.

You and your mother would apply separately regardless (you're not her dependent and she isn't your dependent - so separate applications).

Reactions: Santy_

Santy_

Dec 14, 2021
Start by ordering your GCMS notes to see what they say. Hard to comment on the rest without knowing that.

You and your mother would apply separately regardless (you're not her dependent and she isn't your dependent - so separate applications).
Thanks so much! I'll order the GCMS notes and revert for further wise counsel. :)

Tinkywinki

Nov 27, 2021
I applied for a TRV for tourism on July 16, 2021 and completed biometrics on July, 2021. My status say we are processing your application and didn’t hear anything yet. I have a valid UK visa for 10 years, US for 5 years and Schengen for 3 years. I was hopping to visit the US and Canada this December. What should I do?