+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Visitor visa for immigration status of country of residence

pouriafar

Nov 7, 2017
Hello Everyone

I really appreciate if you could give me some advice before applying again . I applied for me and my wife to visit Canada for our honeymoon . Im Iranian and living in UAE and having temporary visa ( all expats have 3 or 2 years visa which get renewed upon expiry ). i have been here for almost 17 years and have my own house and good reasonable income . I also have travelled to many countries including US , Schengen and currently Holding 2 year UK Multi visa . I was surprised to see my application has been rejected since I have been everywhere without any problem and the reasons for refusal a visa are :
  • Immigration status of country of residence
  • family ties in Canada and country of residence ( my parents have also lived here for past 17 years and still live here and my wife parents live back in iran , her brother studies in British Colombia but we were planing to go to Toronto )
  • Personal assets and financial status : also I had attached title deed of my apartment and gave them my bank statement which i have always given for US , UK and Schengen and its pretty strong

Anybody could give me any advice on ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Everyone

I really appreciate if you could give me some advice before applying again . I applied for me and my wife to visit Canada for our honeymoon . Im Iranian and living in UAE and having temporary visa ( all expats have 3 or 2 years visa which get renewed upon expiry ). i have been here for almost 17 years and have my own house and good reasonable income . I also have travelled to many countries including US , Schengen and currently Holding 2 year UK Multi visa . I was surprised to see my application has been rejected since I have been everywhere without any problem and the reasons for refusal a visa are :
  • Immigration status of country of residence
  • family ties in Canada and country of residence ( my parents have also lived here for past 17 years and still live here and my wife parents live back in iran , her brother studies in British Colombia but we were planing to go to Toronto )
  • Personal assets and financial status : also I had attached title deed of my apartment and gave them my bank statement which i have always given for US , UK and Schengen and its pretty strong

Anybody could give me any advice on ?
Hi,

Sorry about your TRV refusals. You do seem to have a strong case, but I'm guessing that you did not present your application well (from a Canada TRV perspective).

1. How long did you intend to visit? Did you submit a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates? Provisional hotel bookings?

2. Refusal for 'Immigration Status': As you have temporary status in UAE, you must provide evidence of this immigration status + ties to your home country.

When does your current employment contract + your work permit expire?

3. Refusal for 'Family Ties': This means your ties to Canada will outweigh those to UAE/Iran as you will be traveling with your wife (who is your strongest family tie now that you're married)
a. Did your wife's brother attend your wedding? If he did not attend, IMO it would have helped if you had indicated that he will meet you. It would have also helped if he had provided an invitation letter.

b. Are your parents dependent on you financially and/or for their well-being?

4. Refusal for 'Personal assets and financial status':
a. Did you provide an indicative market valuation of your apartment? Is it mortgaged - this can be shown as a reason to return to UAE?

b. Did you have any last-minute, large bank transfers/deposits in your bank account?

c. Did you provide evidence of other financial investments? Both locked-in and liquid?

Cheers

BlessedCess

Aug 16, 2017
Good Morning to everyone is it possible to re apply again my work permit since my LMIA will expire on Jan 2018. Im currently working here in Dubai as a Nurse but Im from Philippines, the ff. Grounds indicate below are the reasons according to the V.O that he subjected me for refusal

1. Limited employment prospect in your country of residence ( i have still 2 years contract in my current job here in Dubai)

2. Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence ( is it because my Mom is in Canada already? And im still single?

3. Immigration status in country of residence (i submitted my residence visa here in Dubai)

I domt clearly understands the VO grounds
Can somebody give me insight regarding my case? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Is it possible to re submit again my application

pouriafar

Nov 7, 2017
Hi,

Sorry about your TRV refusals. You do seem to have a strong case, but I'm guessing that you did not present your application well (from a Canada TRV perspective).

1. How long did you intend to visit? Did you submit a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates? Provisional hotel bookings?

2. Refusal for 'Immigration Status': As you have temporary status in UAE, you must provide evidence of this immigration status + ties to your home country.

When does your current employment contract + your work permit expire?

3. Refusal for 'Family Ties': This means your ties to Canada will outweigh those to UAE/Iran as you will be traveling with your wife (who is your strongest family tie now that you're married)
a. Did your wife's brother attend your wedding? If he did not attend, IMO it would have helped if you had indicated that he will meet you. It would have also helped if he had provided an invitation letter.

b. Are your parents dependent on you financially and/or for their well-being?

4. Refusal for 'Personal assets and financial status':
a. Did you provide an indicative market valuation of your apartment? Is it mortgaged - this can be shown as a reason to return to UAE?

b. Did you have any last-minute, large bank transfers/deposits in your bank account?

c. Did you provide evidence of other financial investments? Both locked-in and liquid?

Cheers

thanks for your reply . i believe your tips are very useful as i may have forgot to mention some items . I will take them to account and do you know if its better to apply online or paper ? i have been advised to do it on paper this time

NoorHayat

Aug 6, 2019
Hi,
Im an International student in Turkey and I Applied for a transfer to canada. Got accepted into the uni but visa was refused on the following basis

1) immigration status
2) purpose of visit

I have Completed two years in bachelors degree in Turkey
Ielts score 8.0 band
Submitted 1 semester fee into my canadian university
I applied online from turkey. Do you think this time I should apply online from my home country?
But the problem is even If I apply from homecountry, I would still hold a temporary immigration status in another 3rd country.
Will that drop the immigration status problem?
Im applying again, Any suggestions?

I cant order VO notes because I need to apply ASAP.
I would really appreciate a quick reply.
Thanks

NoorHayat

Aug 6, 2019
Hi,
Im an International student in Turkey and I Applied for a transfer to canada. Got accepted into the uni but visa was refused on the following basis

1) immigration status
2) purpose of visit

I have Completed two years in bachelors degree in Turkey
Ielts score 8.0 band
Submitted 1 semester fee into my canadian university
I applied online from turkey. Do you think this time I should apply online from my home country?
But the problem is even If I apply from homecountry, I would still hold a temporary immigration status in another 3rd country.
Will that drop the immigration status problem?
Im applying again, Any suggestions?

I cant order VO notes because I need to apply ASAP.
I would really appreciate a quick reply.
Thanks
And I am not sure if the VO is talking about my current immigration status in Tureky or proposed immigration status in Canada?

Anyone is welcome to help me on this

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
And I am not sure if the VO is talking about my current immigration status in Tureky or proposed immigration status in Canada?

Anyone is welcome to help me on this
Your status in Turkey. You already said it yourself. It’s temporary immigration status in a third country. Profiles like that aren’t approved as easily.

NoorHayat

Aug 6, 2019
Your status in Turkey. You already said it yourself. It’s temporary immigration status in a third country. Profiles like that aren’t approved as easily.
Yeah so what do you suggest I do to overcome this? Im already going back home to apy from there to remedy this. Can you please suggest something else that will make my application stronger and loose this objection?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
IMO, going back home won’t remedy this. This is more of a long-term/big-picture factor. Without yet knowing your home country, I would wager that your home country also played a part in the refusal.

The visa officer seems to expect that you intend to migrate to Canada. Show (instead of only telling through a cover letter) them that you won’t.

NoorHayat

Aug 6, 2019
My home country is Pakistan. There have been cases where people applied as a transfer students from Pakistan and getting through. However here at this forum, I see a lot of people having the same "immigration status" objection who are residing outside their country. So I guess it has to do with residing outside tour home country.

But I hope it will be remedied if I apply from home so they know I have ties to my country, and I come home regularly.

And regarding your suggestion about showing I wont settle in Canada instead of just through the cover letter. Can you plesse suggest some ways I can do that. I want to make my applocation stronger so any suggestion would be appreciated.

Looking forward to a quick reply